Pearl River High School is an above average, public school located in Pearl River, NY. It has 984 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Pearl River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-55 Students
- A-48 Students
- A-42 Students
- C+39 Students
- B36 Students
- A+34 Students
- A33 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Pearl River High School
- ARamsey High School
- Ramsey Public Schools, NJ
- 89 reviews
- AIndian Hills High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- 159 reviews
- A-Westlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 112 reviews
- AGlen Rock High School
- Glen Rock Board of Education, NJ
- 131 reviews
Pearl River High School Reviews
I am a Senior at Pearl River High School; a member of the graduating class of 2018. My five years at PRHS have been good. For the most part, I enjoyed my high school experience. The atmosphere at PRHS is good for learning. Almost everyone makes a good effort, and has aspirations beyond high school, which creates a positive culture. Students have a lot of school spirit, and get excited to attend sports games. While there are a few strong teachers, unfortunately there are many teachers that will almost definitely bring down your GPA and won't provide much assistance. The administration is probably the largest negative about the school. The administration has a poor reputation for being overly strict. The school's facilities are nothing special, but the sports teams still do well enough. My overall high school experience at PRHS was good.
While the academics were excellent, there was little funding for the Arts and little support for the students. The school office workers (principle, counselors, etc) didn't care for any reason behind any disturbances, such as attendance, all they cared was about how everything looked on paper. So very little care for the mental health of students.
Most of the teachers care and teach the content in a quick and informative manner. The resources and class options (especially for AP classes) are limited and inhibit some educational exploration. School spirit is lacking among students, and a general apathy toward extracirriculars barring sports looms.