Pearl River High School is an above average, public school located in Pearl River, NY. It has 1,011 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Pearl River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-55 Students
- A-46 Students
- A-42 Students
- C+36 Students
- B35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A32 Students
- A+29 Students
- B24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Pearl River High School
- ARamsey High School
- Ramsey Public Schools, NJ
- 89 reviews
- AIndian Hills High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
- A-Westlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 110 reviews
- AGlen Rock High School
- Glen Rock Board of Education, NJ
- 126 reviews
Pearl River High School Reviews
I am a Senior at Pearl River High School; a member of the graduating class of 2018. My five years at PRHS have been good. For the most part, I enjoyed my high school experience. The atmosphere at PRHS is good for learning. Almost everyone makes a good effort, and has aspirations beyond high school, which creates a positive culture. Students have a lot of school spirit, and get excited to attend sports games. While there are a few strong teachers, unfortunately there are many teachers that will almost definitely bring down your GPA and won't provide much assistance. The administration is probably the largest negative about the school. The administration has a poor reputation for being overly strict. The school's facilities are nothing special, but the sports teams still do well enough. My overall high school experience at PRHS was good.
I am currently a Senior at Pearl River High School. These last four years have been great and I really enjoyed my high school experience. At Pearl River High School, there is a very positive atmosphere and it is easy to socialize and make friends. There is a ton of school spirit and the sports teams are great. Most teachers are fair and balanced but unfortunately there are a handful of teachers that will almost definitely bring down your GPA and won't provide much assistance. The administration is probably the largest negative about the school. The administration has a very bad reputation for being too strict and putting dramatic limits on almost everything. The school's facilities are sub-par, but the sports teams still manage to be successful. Overall my experience at PRHS was a blast. Obviously there were some bumps in the road, but those are essential in the high school experience because they teach you how to cope with difficulties.
The teachers are all very passionate and are very available to their students. Technology-wise, the school could use some updating. Same for sports facilities, most every other schools in the district have better fields, tracks, concessions...