Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Payson High School is a public school located in Payson, AZ. It has 681 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Payson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A173 Students
- B135 Students
- A-93 Students
- B-65 Students
- B55 Students
- B-45 Students
- B25 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- C+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Payson High School Reviews
My experience at Payson High School was not the best. I was not born in the small town so I was treated as less than I should have been my freshman year. This never stopped me from being who I am, friendly and kind. I eventually won over my teachers and my peers and now I am a part of their society. This school may have its problems but you can always over come them with kindness and persistence. This is what I like about Payson High School, the ability to strive for your best self. I would also like to see the students and faculty accept outsiders more often.
I moved to Payson and when I started high school, I didn't no anyone. The students here are so friendly and willing to to take in new students. I love how friendly everyone is. I've never had any problems with teachers. One thing I like about Payson High School is that we have a program that helps encourage students to have passing grades. I find that very comforting because it sets students for success. There are many different clubs and activities that students can join, which is really fun. As far as academics our school offers dual enrollment classes which I find fantastic. I really enjoy this because it allows students to get ahead for college, for a cheaper price. That is why I find our school great.
A good school in a small town that offers dual-credit courses that are ideal for college prepping! With the help of local supporters, students have the ability to attend one dual-credit course for no additional charge! Overall, PHS is a great school for students preparing for college!