Pauls Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pauls Valley, OK. It has 391 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Pauls Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A137 Students
- B-129 Students
- B119 Students
- A102 Students
- C44 Students
- B43 Students
- B32 Students
- B+31 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Pauls Valley High School Reviews
The teachers are very kind and helpful. They would do anything to see us succeed. They make sure we have the resources we need and that we are ready to go out into the world. I have all the resources I need to make sure I can get anything I will need for college. I wish we were able to get better facilities and resources for the teachers. Better buildings, gyms, and classrooms would help give them better, cleaner, and nicer spaces to work in. They do everything for us, go above and beyond, and deserve the best that we can give them.
Pauls Valley High School is a great place for learning, has a great staff, and a fantastic curriculum. When you sit in the classrooms, you know that you will be learning something that actually matters. The staff morale could be better though. Some of the teachers come to school almost every day wishing they weren't there. Something has to change to make the school a better teaching and learning environment.
My experience as PVHS has been the best. For PVHS being such a small school it offers more than what other schools in a hundred mile radius would offer. PVHS has a ton of different opportunities from academics to extra curricular activities. There are tons of different AP classes to choose from going from AP biology to AP Statistics. The teachers are always willing to help. There are many different clubs and organizations to choose from like prayer warriors, BPA, FCCLA, FCA, and Key Club. There are at least ten different sports you can choose from. Pauls Valley even offers shooting sports such as archery. PVHS has prepared me for college by holding me responsible and treating me like I am an adult. There are many different cultures that go from Mexican to Chinese. The teachers and the principal just want to keep us safe from anything and they prepare us for what life is going to be like after we get out of high school.