Paul V. Moore High School
- CENTRAL SQUARE, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Paul V. Moore High School is an above average, public school located in CENTRAL SQUARE, NY. It has 1,110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Paul V. Moore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B115 Students
- grade B+105 Students
- grade A101 Students
- grade C minus81 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade A minus68 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Paul V. Moore High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responses
- Football games15%
- Basketball Games14%
- Plays and musicals10%
- Band/chorus concerts9%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,355 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Paul V. Moore High School
- grade BG. Ray Bodley High School
- Fulton City School District, NY
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade B+Mexico High School
- Mexico Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 38 reviews
- grade A minusCicero-North Syracuse High School
- North Syracuse Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 505 reviews
- grade A minusLiverpool High School
- Liverpool Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 324 reviews
Paul V. Moore High School Reviews
Rating 3.53 out of 5 208 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved being a student at Paul V. Moore High School, but there are definitely some things I would have changed. I was hoping that there would be more interaction with those in the special education programs. I grew up with a brother who is autistic who experienced consistent bullying up until COVID shut down the school and forced everyone online. I wish that the students and faculty would be taught to see kids who suffer with developmental issues as human beings and not outsiders just because they cannot process emotion or logic the same as everyone else. Unfortunately at Paul V. Moore, students are forced apart in most instances. On top of the separation, there are no consequences when special education students are harassed as there are when those of sounder minds are harassed. This is what needs to change, not only at Paul V. Moore, but at any school that puts special education students at an equal playing field.
Paul V. Moore is a great high school! Most of the teachers are willing to assist students outside of class. The school also has a variety of college level classes connected through some of the local colleges, as well as a strong music program. There are plenty of opportunities for students to participate in sports or extracurricular activities, along with volunteer work.
Paul V Moore was a great place to learn and overall I had a fun time. However, during our senior year we got to experience nothing because of Covid and our school did not do a lot to make our year better. The class of 2020 had sponsor a senior and was given special treatment by the school. The class of 2021 just had to get by with no fun events and no face to face learning. The three years that I experienced in person were fun and I think that Paul V. Moore is a great place to make connections with teachers and peers. I enjoyed playing sports for the school and going to sporting events to show support. Paul V. Moore is a great community full of loving people and I loved every moment that I spent there.