Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Patrick Henry High School is an above average, public school located in Roanoke, VA. It has 1,943 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Patrick Henry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+243 Students
- grade A+213 Students
- grade B+207 Students
- grade A201 Students
- grade B172 Students
- grade C151 Students
- grade B132 Students
- grade B+106 Students
- grade A+104 Students
- grade B+84 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responses
- Pep rally, Art show and homecoming game31%
- Homecoming Parade13%
- Choir concerts and initiations. Theatre7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,859 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 43 responses
Schools like Patrick Henry High School
- grade C+William Fleming High School
- Roanoke City Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 157 reviews
- grade BNorthside High School
- Roanoke County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 178 reviews
- grade B minusEastern Montgomery High School
- Montgomery County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade A minusSalem High School
- Salem City Schools, VA
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 241 reviews
Patrick Henry High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 254 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience as a student overall was great. I was able to participate in many different clubs and activities and the teachers are super nice and helpful. They try to help you and will lead you. If you try hard in class, they are more than likely to help you. Their dances and activities for each grade are cool and they are fun as well. Sports are very fun to watch and the school spirit is amazing among the AP/DE and Honors students. Their electives are fun and many have benefits that can help you in the long run. This was a great school to spend my 4 years attending and I have made some amazing, life-long friends!
Patrick Henry is an overall great school! The teachers and staff members are very dependable and organized. Patrick Henry is an academic school, therefore teachers make sure you as a student is doing the right thing. Patrick Henry encourages and motivates everyone to graduate and to attend college. My years at Patrick Henry were great. Patrick Henry is One Team conquering One Mission!
At Patrick Henry High School, there are a ton of clubs and sports to join. They have a great variety of students from all backgrounds. There are a few downsides or things the school could work on. For starters, there are only a select few teachers who I feel actually set the students up for success. Overall my experience at PH has been stressful and I'm excited to finally graduate and move on to college!