Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Pathways in Education - Louisiana is a public, charter school located in Shreveport, LA. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 34 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in reading.
Pathways in Education - Louisiana Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+9 Students
- A-7 Students
- C6 Students
- B4 Students
- B-3 Students
- B3 Students
- A2 Students
- C+2 Students
- A+2 Students
- A-2 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Pathways in Education - Louisiana Reviews
My daughter Abrianna Loud attends this school and has a really great teacher. Ms. Michelle... We really appreciate your patience and kindness throughout this journey. I know my daughter can be a handful at times, but the professionalism that the teachers and principal has is amazing. We appreciate all of the teachers that come in 5 days a week and help our kids get ready and prepare them for college. Thanks for all that you do!
Pathways is a unique charter high school that focuses on each students needs, learning styles, and progress. The school has a lot of support in the sense that the teachers and staff work together to provide the best education they can to help all students succeed. Not only are they successful in the classroom but also as a school ranking in the top Pathways charter schools in the Nation. One teacher that stands out above the others is Ms. Vanessa. She is very dedicated and passionate about the education of her students. She goes above and beyond what is asked of her to make sure her students are successful. She cares about individual students and pushes them to be successful. Her students come back year after year, excited to tell her about their success and achievements.
Pathways In Education has provided a pathway and a platform for students of all ages who wish to graduate before their set class. Using alternative teaching methods and relying on the self-discipline and maturity of the students, Pathways has encouraged those who have gone through the program to pursue higher education and stable careers. In addition to the fast-paced program, Pathways presents opportunity and adventure for the social and academically inclined student. When nominated and interviewed, students have the chance to participate in class trips to the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Cuba, and California, in which they will gain new leadership skills, academic qualities, and become more familiar with situations in which may not have been provided for them originally. (I.E., horseback riding, hiking, survival skills, farming)