Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Pascagoula High School is an above average, public school located in Pascagoula, MS. It has 1,049 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Pascagoula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+297 Students
- A-283 Students
- B-248 Students
- B236 Students
- A-228 Students
- B106 Students
- A93 Students
- A-90 Students
- B-89 Students
- B-87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Pascagoula High School
- A-Gautier High School
- Pascagoula Gautier School District, MS
- 159 reviews
- A-St. Martin High School
- Jackson County School District, MS
- 233 reviews
- AOcean Springs High School
- Ocean Springs School District, MS
- 309 reviews
- B-Alma Bryant High School
- Mobile County Schools, AL
- 184 reviews
Pascagoula High School Reviews
Pascagoula High School is the most diverse high school in the state, which gives you a lot of immersion into different cultures and shows you different perspectives! PHS has tons of extracurricular programs and activities available to help prepare your child for college and beyond.
My overall experience rate is high because as I experienced it first hand, I could see that the school was constantly trying to expand its reach to the students. The school is a wonderful place to send high school students because administration takes pride in its students and community by encouraging parents and alumni to be as involved as possible. They place importance on attendance and class work before extra curricular activities by making curricular requirements for the students before they can participate in events such as homecoming or sports. The classes are well distributed, so that teachers have an easier time interacting with students one on one.
Pascagoula High is a good school to send your kids too. It has good teachers and friendly staff that will help get students where they need to be. They have a good graduation rate and it only gets higher year after year. They have many extracurricular activities for students to enjoy and express themselves in. I personally didn’t like that we had to wear uniforms and some rules just didn’t appeal to me, but overall good school.