Pascack Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hillsdale, NJ. It has 1,185 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Pascack Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A158 Students
- A141 Students
- A128 Students
- A+116 Students
- B114 Students
- B96 Students
- B76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+72 Students
- A71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Pascack Valley High School
- A+Pascack Hills High School
- Pascack Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 112 reviews
- AWest Essex High School
- West Essex Regional School District, NJ
- 207 reviews
- APark Ridge High School
- Park Ridge Public Schools, NJ
- 64 reviews
- APompton Lakes High School
- Pompton Lakes School District, NJ
- 76 reviews
Pascack Valley High School Reviews
Academically, it is a very good school and so are the teachers who work there. However, there is not much diversity at all. Additionally, the administration does not show much support for students who participate in activities outside of the school. In my freshman year when I told my guidance counselor that I competed in Taekwondo, he told me I should cut back on that a little and start playing a real sport, a school sport. I also told him I played piano. Again, he told me I should play an instrument with the school. Lastly, when I said I volunteered for the hospital, he asked why I didn't volunteer for the school. Whenever, I go to travel for a competition, the administration will mark me as unexcused, even when the national team wrote them a letter about my upcoming absence.
Pascack Valley High School is a school like no other. Never once have I felt like an outsider or like someone that does not belong. Not only do the students display a positive attitude when it comes to involvement, but the teachers and all of the staff do too. Our education has prepared me so much for college and the resources available have helped as well. Each year of high school the students have been able to take home a Mac laptop for the entire year. This opened a variety of opportunities of learning and made it much easier when it came to research and projects. Despite everything so positive about my school, the one aspect that needs some work is our student diversity. Pascack Valley is located in a predominitely white are, so I have not got a chance to get invovled and know others that come from a different background than myself.
High school has been great to me! The four years flew by faster then ever. High school has taught me a lot about who I am. Being involved in clubs and attending sports events made the high school experience even more of a fun time. Although, the academics could be sometimes stressful has hard it did push me to study a lot more and get involved. I love my high school and my blood will forever run green and white!