Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+310 Students
- A-231 Students
- A210 Students
- A+145 Students
- A-132 Students
- B-110 Students
- B+109 Students
- B104 Students
- C102 Students
- A+95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 195 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.80 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 237 reviews
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 154 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 120 reviews
- A-Nazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 253 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.
I absolutely loved my experience at Parkland High School. Most of the teachers and staff at the high school had a mutual respect for the students and genuinely cared about helping us not only pass a class, but pass with flying colors. I have had many teachers stay after class with me to personally tutor me which reaped no benefits for themselves, but meant the world to me. Also, my counselor Mr. Roberts went above and beyond for me in many ways. He helped guide me through the stressful time of applying to college and finding scholarships that would allow me to go to the college of my choice. Without the help that I received from the teaching staff and guidance counselors at Parkland High School, I would not be the young woman I am today. They made me enjoy coming to school every day and crave to learn more.
Parkland High School offers many programs that may interest you. We have a numerous amount of clubs that provide a place for students to pursue topics that interest them. Our school is very large but our administrators are very helpful at making us feel at home. Some improvements Parkland needs is the communication between parents, teachers, and principles. Often complaints are left unanswered for unknown reasons and this makes it very hard to further the success of students .