Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+285 Students
- A-215 Students
- A191 Students
- A+138 Students
- A-122 Students
- B-102 Students
- B+102 Students
- C96 Students
- B93 Students
- A+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 195 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.58 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.80 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 154 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 118 reviews
- A-Nazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 251 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
Review Parkland High School
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.
Despite every obstacle and challenge that came my way during my time at PHS, I still feel like a changed individual and that I was brought into a high school that would change be into a better person. Classes may seem difficult at times but that just pushed me to work harder and study more for success. Along with that, most teachers provide support and encouragement because they also want you to succeed. I was grateful for the times when my teachers would offer up their opinions to me and my felloe classmates on how you can prepare for tests, essays, etc. PHS is such a big school which in a way I was grateful for because you had to find your own corner of the sky. There are many opportunities to become involved and do something you're interested in. I'll always remember the impact Parkland High School has created for me and that they continue to do for all students that walk through their doors.
As a theater and music student, I had a lot of opportunities to do what I loved every single day. That being said, my friends who were involved with sports at the school also had that high level of availability to do as much as they possibly could. However, it is a very competitive environment when it comes to academics; stressing over every assignment happened quite frequently just because trying to get the best grades was a difficult but prestigious goal. There were a lot of support staff members, along with some teachers who, frankly, could be done without, but that comes with the high school experience.