Parkland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 3,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+497 Students
- A-402 Students
- A367 Students
- A-229 Students
- A+199 Students
- B186 Students
- B-181 Students
- B166 Students
- C164 Students
- A+153 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 210 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.98 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- A-Emmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 291 reviews
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 163 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 130 reviews
- ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 285 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
I think that it is undeniable that there are very unique and beneficial programs at PHS, such as project lead the way and the biomedical programs. There is an elective for just about anybody and classes that will prepare students for college. The tests and classes at PHS are rigorous and will definitely prepare students for the independent learning and intense studying techniques required for college. I think that often times the school focuses too much on their appearance. They spend large amounts of money on technology and different online programs that often lead to lack of teaching and learning. The new computers encourage teachers to simply upload youtube videos and online assignments without teaching students in class. This causes a lack of learning. They also invest in covering up topics that should be discussed more in attempts to hide darker sides of Parkland.
Although there are many private schools in my area, I honestly believe there is no better place to educate a child. During my past few years in Parkland, I have received an unbelievable education that is unrivaled by almost any school. The numerous programs for the arts, sports, and STEM field gives everybody a chance to pursue their passion and develops one's skills towards their future career. For example, my sister went into the field of sign language interpreting, and Parkland was the reason she was able to find her calling in life. Thanks to Parkland School District, I have been able to find my calling in Psychology. There is truly no other school I would have wanted to attend.
Parkland is a great school that offers high quality education. The people are very kind and sweet. Not only the students, but the teachers are sweet too. Most of the teachers I had are fun and really care about how their student performs. AP classes can be challenging, but the these classes really prepare students for college. I used to be the type of person to strongly dislike gym; however, once I went to Parkland I’ve learned to love it so much. They literally do Just Dance. Furthermore, student activities, volunteer work, and clubs and organizations here provide succor to building a strong transcript that will attract colleges. Many of the organizations are very focused. We have Psych Club, Red Cross, Med Club, Key Club, etc. The school looks very new and students are given their own computers. It is important to also note that this school can have a competitive atmosphere. Students feel mentally overwhelmed, however, many students have an ambition to strive for success.