Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+220 Students
- A-154 Students
- A133 Students
- A+115 Students
- B+91 Students
- B-83 Students
- C+82 Students
- A-79 Students
- B69 Students
- A+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 185 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.90 responses
Parkland High School Reviews
Review Parkland High School
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.
My experience so far at this school have been phenomenal, the faculty, students, and clubs/organizations available help the students tailor their high school career to their likes and dislikes. This school in particular helps students get a wide variety of different experiences whether it be in engineering, pottery, or zoology. The students truly get to experience so much, which in turn helps them choose a career path and help them lay out their life. One of the my favorite experiences every year is the Festival of the Arts. This is a school wide event that nearly all clubs, students, and faculty get involved in. It allows all students in the engineering and arts departments to display their artwork or put on shows in order to make a wonderful event for parents and younger children to enjoy. There is food, music, and games. The theater department dresses up as Disney characters in order to entertain young children, along with face painting, and music productions put on by the band, orchestra, and chorale.
That is one thing both like and hate about my school. There are many clubs, way too many clubs, I can not even thing one to start, and that is the only reason I rate the extracurricular opportunities 4 stars XD. The quality of the club really depends. I tried most of them, the smaller ones is easier to fit in. The larger ones are more fun (the more the merrier). But there are clubs that are unorganized. Most of the club are fun, gives people opportunities, and really builds ones leadership. There are technology related where you can build robots, do science fair. If you are a art person, Parkland has art related clubs too. Sports team, writing, reading, volunteering, or even gaming! I think parkland have way too many opportunities. For example, I really like the engineering club, and I stayed every day after school and even the weekends to work on the robot. The club members go to different places for competitions. I learned the technics and teamwork.