Parkland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 3,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+437 Students
- A355 Students
- A322 Students
- A-197 Students
- A+180 Students
- B167 Students
- B153 Students
- B146 Students
- C+142 Students
- A+132 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 210 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.98 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 276 reviews
- A-Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 161 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 274 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
Parkland is a great school that offers high quality education. The people are very kind and sweet. Not only the students, but the teachers are sweet too. Most of the teachers I had are fun and really care about how their student performs. AP classes can be challenging, but the these classes really prepare students for college. I used to be the type of person to strongly dislike gym; however, once I went to Parkland I’ve learned to love it so much. They literally do Just Dance. Furthermore, student activities, volunteer work, and clubs and organizations here provide succor to building a strong transcript that will attract colleges. Many of the organizations are very focused. We have Psych Club, Red Cross, Med Club, Key Club, etc. The school looks very new and students are given their own computers. It is important to also note that this school can have a competitive atmosphere. Students feel mentally overwhelmed, however, many students have an ambition to strive for success.
What I liked about my experience at Parkland High School was not the environment nor the people who attended this school, what I liked the most is how many classes there is to choose from. This high school offers so many class choices a-z that students were allowed to select a class they were interested in. This ranges from art, photography, culinary classes, engineering, technology, human services, politics, etc. This school allow students to express what they are interested in and take electives that helps them strengthen their skill or figure out what they're interested in. Another factor is that most of the teachers that teach at this school put in effort to teach their students, they indulge in conversations and try their best to make sure the students understand the material.
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.