Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Parkland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 3,216 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+583 Students
- grade A minus487 Students
- grade A440 Students
- grade A minus275 Students
- grade A+236 Students
- grade B minus225 Students
- grade B214 Students
- grade C200 Students
- grade B189 Students
- grade A+186 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 54 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 222 responses
- Mr. Parkland18%
- Post Prom17%
- The Festival of the Arts is always entertaining.15%
- Garter Bowl12%
- Theater productions4%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,378 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 102 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 102 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 102 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- grade A minusEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 349 reviews
- grade A minusSalisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 168 reviews
- grade A minusSaucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 136 reviews
- grade ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 299 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 649 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I've been in another high school before, but Parkland is definitely something special. It has many great programs (like PLTW )and a variety of extracurricular activities. They also have many different AP courses that you can take. No matter what type of classes you take or what kind of interests you have, you're sure to find your fit here at Parkland!
Parkland High School is an amazing school in order to expand your knowledge and gain other life skills. Despite the negative outlook on a large student population, the amount of individuals attending creates a diverse environment. There are so many people with different interests and personalities. This school definitely promotes good social skills and allows you to utilize the experiences in the work force later in life. Parkland overall has a great academic program and has many extracurricular and sports opportunities. There are activities for everyone; and if one activity isn’t already implemented, then a student can choose to start his/her own club with the help of an advisor. The only aspect I feel that could be improved is within the guidance department. I know school guidance counselors cannot intervene with family situations directly; however, the school would be even better if there was more support for students who may have personal issues that affect their everyday lives.
Overall, Parkland High School offers an abundance of opportunities in academics, athletics, and the arts. I was very impressed with the course diversity offered and outside extra curricular activities. Although, I believe a greater emphasis must be placed on helping students reach their goals and guiding them with college decisions. I was given the bare minimum information and was even discouraged to excel. Likewise, I believe teachers must be scrutinized on teaching methods and classroom conduct. I had many disappointing experiences and the administration was not very much help.