Parkland High School is an elite, public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 3,123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+331 Students
- A-252 Students
- A232 Students
- A+150 Students
- A-142 Students
- B-119 Students
- B115 Students
- B+113 Students
- C111 Students
- A+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 196 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 243 reviews
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 155 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- A-Nazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 258 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.
Parkland High School really has a plethora of opportunities. Whether it be the arts, academics, or athletics, there are always encouraging teachers, motivated peers, and a future of success present in each. The diversity of courses, clubs, and programs at our school really help to connect you to what you want to try exploring. Interested in painting? Sign up for the first of three courses or join the cartoons and illustration club. Looking to explore medicine? Ask about the PLTW Biomedical Sciences Program and the HOSA student association. Think that you need more of a challenge than the local rec soccer team? Try out for junior varsity and stay involved with the intramurals program. All in all, Parkland High School is one of the best schools where you can pursue your passions.
There are many things I like about Parkland High School. We excel not only in academics, but we have outstanding arts and athletic programs. Every year since I've been at Parkland, there has been at least one sports team that wins a PIAA State Championship. In the arts, I hear on the morning news, which is a phenomenal newscast about the numerous students who excelled at their respective arts program over the past weekend. We consistently have students representing Parkland in high level academic competitions.