Parkland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 3,163 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Parkland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+373 Students
- A296 Students
- A281 Students
- A-165 Students
- A+160 Students
- B139 Students
- B134 Students
- C+128 Students
- B121 Students
- A+115 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 201 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.95 responses
Schools like Parkland High School
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 258 reviews
- A-Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 157 reviews
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 126 reviews
- ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 265 reviews
Parkland High School Reviews
There were nice teachers at this school with the exception of a few. Some worked with you to get the grade you deserved. The school was big but not big enough. Halls were crowded after the bell rang. Some teachers were too strict on late policies. It takes long to get from one class to another. The food and vending machines were mediocre, some of the best were the salads and specialties. School store was cool but I realized that late. Parking lot is a problem. Needs more entrances and exits. Sometimes takes 20 min to leave. School was filled with amenities and technology. Had 2 large pools and many sports fields. Prepared me well for college opposed to other local schools. Weight room seemed outdated 3 years ago when I was there. Teachers were very involved in things, that was a plus! I wish some of the administrators would do more to help students in financial need.
This school values individual student's needs, and ensures their readiness for college. They make the SAT, ACT, and AP tests easy to sign up for and they offer courses to help prepare for these tests as well as the Keystones. The classroom setting is positive full of passionate teachers, willing to assist students with any problems they may have. Along with this, the diversity throughout each class is quite apparent. Whether it be applied or AP, one can find an array of people with different genders and races. Finally the ability to buy new and improved facilities and departments makes the school enjoyable to attend. For example, the music department there is without a doubt thriving, due to the popularity of the musicals and the need for the marching band. Also, the library offers use of computers, laptops, and a printer, along with a vast selection of books from any genre. Overall, my experience at Parkland High School has been above average and definitely note worthy.
Great high school for any type of student. Offers an outstanding about of clubs and activities. Most teachers are great and never give you a single problem, others you will bond with and never forget. Theatre program is outstanding, and tends to be a hit in the community. Athletics are superb!