Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-189 Students
- B149 Students
- C+81 Students
- C+65 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+50 Students
- B43 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Parkersburg South High School
- B-Williamstown High School
- Wood County Schools, WV
- 52 reviews
- B-Parkersburg High School
- Wood County Schools, WV
- 244 reviews
- C+Wirt County High School
- Wirt County Schools, WV
- 62 reviews
- B-Warren High School
- Warren Local School District, OH
- 89 reviews
Parkersburg South High School Reviews
Review Parkersburg South High School
My school is amazing. They have many unique activities. Every Friday we have clubs during third period. We also have the cafeteria doors unlocked on nice days so you have the option of going out on the front lawn during lunch. The principals go outside with us and pass football or just walk and talk. During the winter, we have karaoke Fridays during lunch in the auditorium. Every once in a while they will send around surveys for each class (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) to determine the top 5 favorite songs for each grade. Then, during class change, they play the song list over the intercom for the class that had the best attendance the week before. We also have "Anna's Army". A girl named Anna Gordon, who graduated last year, has a disease known as Friedreich's Ataxia. Her favorite color is purple so we dedicate one basketball game a year to her and everyone wears purple. Our community has many events raising money for Anna. She donates the money to an FA research program. She is a huge inspiration to our town. If I could do it all over, I would not change a thing. My school is the absolute best around!
PSHS is an amazing school! From the teachers, to the student body, as well as the principles, doesn't get any better. The learning environment is great and we stand behind our peers when in need! I couldn't have asked to attend a better high school than Parkersburg South!
Parkersburg South is an overall adequate school. There is little diversity and the culture of the school can be difficult to adjust to if you're not from the surrounding area. Some teachers are very helpful and want to see their students succeed, but the majority are involved as little as possible with the education of the students. A wide variety of classes are offered but there is a noticeable lack in the physics department. However, the multitude of other classes do a decent job preparing students for college. The sports department is one of the best in the state for most of the sports, and they are fairly easy to get in to. There are definitely areas where the school could improve, but as whole the school does well preparing students for their life.