Parkersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-148 Students
- B-93 Students
- C71 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-38 Students
- C+25 Students
- B+24 Students
- C+24 Students
- B17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Parkersburg High School Reviews
Review Parkersburg High School
Parkersburg High School for the last 3 years I've gone there it hasn't been terrible nor hasn't been the best school experience. Some of the teachers choose favorites. There's a wide variety of characters of students, so everyone had a group or 1 or two friends!
I wish it's drama department got the funding it deserves. There's little student diversity, and they really could use more janitors to keep up with it's hygienic needs, but the faculty is very passionate about their jobs, and are always trying to help their students, and while I feel like the curriculum is too scattered to really prepare it's graduates for college, I did learn useful financial information, which I will be able to use the rest of my life. Sadly the food isn't very good, and alumni leave with their own horror stories, but its just as easy to pack a lunch from home. Overall my experience was a pleasant one, and I move forward knowing that I'll carry what I learned here for the rest of my life.
Parkersburg High School overall is a decent school. There are plenty of teachers who do a great job teaching and are there and helpful when students have questions. However there's quite a few who don't help or don't teach at all. The school community is pretty accepting and friendly. I think we should have more or different class choices. Classes like sign language for example were taken away this year. I think that since the school is so big we should have a salad bar for lunch, in case students don't want the hot food, we should be able to get a plate of salad and fruit instead.