Parkersburg High School is a public school located in Parkersburg, WV. It has 1,707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Parkersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-320 Students
- B-184 Students
- C115 Students
- A+110 Students
- A-108 Students
- C+92 Students
- B-58 Students
- C+56 Students
- B-55 Students
- B-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Parkersburg High School
- BWilliamstown High School
- Wood County Schools, WV
- 65 reviews
- B-Parkersburg South High School
- Wood County Schools, WV
- 274 reviews
- C+Marietta High School
- Marietta City School District, OH
- 105 reviews
- BWarren High School
- Warren Local School District, OH
- 98 reviews
Parkersburg High School Reviews
Attending Parkersburg High School for 4 years has been an amazing ride that led me into different paths on what classes I could take to learn more about and what resources the school has given me to prepare me for the career path I wish to take. The memories I created in this school will forever hold a place in my heart, the loquacious teachers that were always friendly and there to help always set the tone for a school that wanted high standards from students. This school pushed me to show what I can truly achieve and conquer for future situations and truly gave me a new lense into what it is to be a student at Parkersburg High School. Once a Big Red, Always a Big Red! What I learned from this school will sure prepare me for college and the life ahead of me
I came from a small-town school to PHS, so obviously there were growing pains, but overall, this school did what it needed to do. There were some wonderful teachers that cared for the person who was me, and there were those who lacked that compassion (but when isn't there?) There was a variety of supported interest in the form of classes. Food was edible, rules maintained but not suffocating. I was never bullied or harassed, and never felt I couldn't handle the coursework. The environment was open and friendly, for the most part. I was involved with numerous school activities and felt accepted-- which says something, since I'm a severe introvert. This school worked well for me, and I hope whoever attends in the future can say their experience was as great as mine!
As an alum, I have fond memories of Parkersburg High School. I was VERY involved in our theatre troupe, and remember winning awards at festivals. I also remember loving the choir concerts every year. However, like most high schools unfortunately, I never felt that the arts were considered as valued by the administration as any other organization. At Parkersburg High School, "School Spirit" meant "Sports Spirit," and it was very frustrating. That being said, I would relive my high school days again if I could. I made so many friends there, and have so many whacky memories attached to the place. It's tradition is rich and I love telling my new college friends all about how big my school was, and how old it is, and how it looks like a castle! I miss it. I really do.