Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Park Hill South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Riverside, MO. It has 1,651 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Park Hill South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-288 Students
- B+182 Students
- B177 Students
- B164 Students
- A-155 Students
- A106 Students
- B-102 Students
- C+99 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Park Hill South High School
- APark Hill High School
- Park Hill School District, MO
- 346 reviews
- AStaley High School
- North Kansas City School District, MO
- 329 reviews
- AShawnee Mission South High School
- Shawnee Mission School District, KS
- 316 reviews
- A-Liberty North High School
- Liberty School District, MO
- 236 reviews
Park Hill South High School Reviews
Park Hill South High School is an excellent school. The difference between other schools academics and Park Hill South's academics spread to two complete end of the spectrum. When students come in from other school districts they very often don't like Park Hill South because they can't keep up with how advanced it is. Park Hill South gives students lots of work to do at fast rates to better prepare their students for college. Park Hill South puts tremendous amounts of effort into teaching to assure that their students are ready for college. The teachers help the students when needed, and there are multiple ways to get tutors through the school.
there are a few teachers that i absolutely adore, there are many course offerings and internship offerings, there are several opportunities on a daily basis to immerse yourself into subjects you find interesting, and gaining experience from said opportunities. on the negative hand, the staff at PHS do not put fourth their best foot forward, students should be prioritized and their needs should be met especially now. However, this is not what the staff thinks. There is uneven distribution of work by staff, and there are many staff members at Park Hill South that create problems often for both students and their coworkers. Overall, my experience at this specific high school is average.
Park Hill South has been a great experience. I came from a private school, so it was really nice to move to a bigger school. There were so many new opportunities, and so many new people to meet. The teachers have all been pretty good, my counselor is awesome, and the extracurricular activities are great! Not sure there is much that I would change.