Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Park Hill High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kansas City, MO. It has 2,006 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Park Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-338 Students
- B+330 Students
- B272 Students
- B228 Students
- A-204 Students
- B175 Students
- C156 Students
- B+154 Students
- A-126 Students
- B-126 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Schools like Park Hill High School
- APark Hill South High School
- Park Hill School District, MO
- 236 reviews
- A+Shawnee Mission Northwest High School
- Shawnee Mission School District, KS
- 315 reviews
- AStaley High School
- North Kansas City School District, MO
- 325 reviews
- A-Liberty North High School
- Liberty School District, MO
- 227 reviews
Park Hill High School Reviews
Going to park hill was a good experience. There are many clubs for students to join and sports for students to meet people and broaden their career choices. Park hill was one of the top 10 districts for education and being a part of that was very rewarding for me. I love school and all the teachers that I had. They gave us opportunity for dual credit and AP credit. These classes helped us prepare for college and also gain college credit so that we could have the possibility of being ahead in college. This results in not having to pay for certain classes, which is a big bonus. Park hill also has the AVID program and they are extending it down to the elementary schools so kids can start to learn early. I started my freshman year and went all the way through senior year with the same students. I made a lot of friends and built many bridges to help me with job applications and college applications for the future. WE ARE PARK HILL!
I moved from California to Missouri in 2015, 2 months into Sophmore year. Park Hill was much different from my previous school, it was indoor, there were lockers, and it was much smaller too. Automatically I noticed the academics were much more difficult than what I was used too, but I think it was much better for me because I was coming from an area with a very high drop out rate. My 3 years at Park Hill were amazing, I had the best teachers, and made many friends. I even had the opportunity to get one on one tutoring for my more difficult classes! My only complaint was my counselor, he was not very helpful when it came to helping me choose the classes that would help me graduate on time. Thankfully I did graduate with a 3.0 GPA on time with my peers! I really did enjoy Park Hill and its a school that I would be happy to have my future children attend.
I recently graduated from Park Hill and I enjoyed every moment of my high school career here. The Park Hill staff is one of the reasons why I am going to college and I thank them so much for it! Not only are there a variety of differing resources, but there is such a diverse staff that is always available if help is needed. For example, there is always someone on call for suicide screenings. Also, Park Hill has a wide array of clubs, sports, and classes to join! One of my favorite classes introduced was human anatomy and that class and teacher got me interested in nursing (my intended degree).