Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Parchment High School is an above average, public school located in Kalamazoo, MI. It has 456 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Parchment High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+131 Students
- B-69 Students
- B+54 Students
- A49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-32 Students
- B24 Students
- B22 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Parchment High School
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District, MI
- 176 reviews
- BComstock High School
- Comstock Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
- BLoy Norrix High School
- Kalamazoo Public Schools, MI
- 141 reviews
- B+Paw Paw High School
- Paw Paw Public School District, MI
- 178 reviews
Parchment High School Reviews
Parchment strives to compete with surrounding districts by offering a wide range of extra curricular activities, excellent teachers, and diversity. That said, they don't do enough with the arts and music programs. They tend to put more attention on the sports. When they did their expansion and improvement projects they renovated the gym and fitness and did little to the band and auditorium. The teaching staff is fantastic, but still have many of the staff that are young in the profession. I think there is room for improvement overall but still a better district than some of the others in the Kalamazoo area
Especially as a minority at the time, the school was not really all that safe for me to attend, personally. However, from a different perspective, I saw that the school was all-around average, and didn't quite care for it's students or staff. A lot of teachers got laid off or their hours got cut, bullying was prevalent and not taken seriously by staff, fights broke out in the hallways during lunch. Some of the teachers were rude and atrocious, and each year of high school there was always something that made the year suck for everyone, and it was always faculty-admitted. This school isn't the worst there is, but it can do so much better, considering the praise it gives itself.
Parchment was a wonderful place to attend school for me, and my family. Really enjoyed all my years with Parchment; every teacher there was so kind, and such a wonderful help to me! Even though it was a smaller school, I think that's what it made it so great, being able to know a lot of people made things in high school easy, and made all the extracurricular activities easy to join!