Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Paragould High School is a public school located in Paragould, AR. It has 939 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Paragould High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B229 Students
- A-117 Students
- B114 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-57 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-34 Students
- B27 Students
- A-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Paragould High School
- BBrookland High School
- Brookland School District, AR
- 54 reviews
- B+Buffalo Island Central High School
- Buffalo Island Central School District, AR
- 34 reviews
- B-Greene County Tech High School
- Greene County Tech School District, AR
- 86 reviews
- C+Marmaduke High School
- Marmaduke School District, AR
- 24 reviews
Paragould High School Reviews
I personally have had a pretty great experience in high school. I have ha stud opportunity to be apart of many clubs and organizations through the school as well as participating on two teams. I have had a few very great teachers who are extreamly passionate about what they do and it radiates off of them and into the classroom. These teachers have completely altered how I see things not only academically but in life in general, changing me for the better. The only delima that I see is that not all the teachers share this same love and passion for educating that they should. Mainly the coaches of sports teams do not really care about anything other than that sport and it is evident in the classroom setting. Despite this, there are teachers who make up for where some lack. The fine arts excel at this school as well as the sports creating a competitive, spirited, and well rounded school all in all.
Many of the sports teams receive majority of the school budget, while the band receives little to zero funding. The band becoming larger and larger and becoming more successful considering their state multiple state championships, and are a national competitor. The teachers are more laid back and don’t do much on bullying. There is a wide variety of classes for college readiness, which is outstanding. Students aren’t very supervised considering the weekly fights. There is a diversity between the normal sports teams like football, basketball, volleyball, etc., and the band, which isn’t very great considering the band doesn’t get much support from the student body or much of the facility.
Paragould contains some of the best teachers in Northeast Arkansas. Everyday I walk in and I am ensured welcoming and safety while getting the best education I can get!