Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Papillion La Vista South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Papillion, NE. It has 1,887 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Papillion La Vista South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B321 Students
- A-296 Students
- A-125 Students
- B-70 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+69 Students
- C+67 Students
- A63 Students
- B61 Students
- C+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Papillion La Vista South High School
- A-Papillion La Vista Senior High School
- Papillion-La Vista School District, NE
- 314 reviews
- A-Bellevue West High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 302 reviews
- A-Millard South High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 331 reviews
- AWestside High School
- Westside Community Schools, NE
- 526 reviews
Papillion La Vista South High School Reviews
At Papillion-La Vista South High School there are a lot of extra-curricular activities to choose from; clubs that bring everyone together, after-school organizations exploring different cultures, to sports. The staff is supportive and passionate about what they do. They help students every step of the way. The facilities are wonderful. Also, there is a huge extension being built next to the school. Papillion-La Vista South challenges students, preparing them for college, internships, and diverse job roles. This school works as a team, working together to get each student their diploma. This school could make more volunteering opportunities available to students through different clubs/organizations, to show students the true possibilities of giving back to the community. Papillion-La Vista South High School is excellent. The staff, education, and opportunities are outstanding. Nothing is more important to them than their students’ education, and their needs.
I enjoyed High school very much! From the first day they sit you down and make you feel at home. Throughout the years they add onto curriculum to improve what you’re learning. Teachers make you feel welcome and inclusive. Variety of classes and electives to help sort through career paths. Tons of clubs and organizations to join and become part of a family. My experience at Papillion Lavista South was extraordinary and I don’t think there’s another quiet as supportive as this one.
The teachers are amazing. They are very knowledgeable about the subject matter and genuinely care about their students. There are tons of clubs and activities, and all students are encouraged to get involved. There is also a great sense of school spirit. Proud to be a Titan!