Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Paonia High School is an above average, public school located in Paonia, CO. It has 225 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Paonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+45 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-27 Students
- A-23 Students
- B16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B13 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Paonia High School Reviews
Paonia High School is a small tight knit in a small valley of citizens that encourage and help the students as a community. Sure bad things can happen, but no matter what we always get back up. Paonia High School is as strong as they say they are and as knowledgeable and athletic as a private school. The staff members are very helpful and always encourage and believe in their students. As a student since 7th grade, going through teachers I can still say Paonia High School has great integrity.
I loved the driven atmosphere at Paonia High School. I truly believe that every student was pushed and encouraged to reach new limits and always challenged themselves to achieve greatness. Because it is such a small school, each faculty member was involved with each student in their academic progress, as well as in their athletic and other extra curricular events. The student body at Paonia High School, as well as with the faculty members, felt like family and I was able to graduate from Paonia High School knowing that I was deeply cared for and loved.
Paonia High School is a unique environment; personally, I have been able to thrive here, but for others, that is not the case. There is little to no diversity and every day I witness racist and misogynistic comments and actions. However, through all the negative qualities, I have support from most of the faculty who feel like family to me.