Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Paola High School is a public school located in Paola, KS. It has 630 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Paola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A131 Students
- A-119 Students
- B74 Students
- B74 Students
- B+64 Students
- B52 Students
- B-50 Students
- C+48 Students
- B45 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Paola High School
- BWellsville High School
- Wellsville Unified School District, KS
- 46 reviews
- C+Prairie View High School
- Prairie View Unified School District, KS
- 52 reviews
- BSpring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Unified School District, KS
- 157 reviews
- B-Osawatomie High School
- Osawatomie Unified School District, KS
- 19 reviews
Paola High School Reviews
Paola High School may not be the biggest school of all, but it certainly is big in pride. Just by going there for my second year, I feel like I belong and everyone is respectful. Our athletics department excels in many ways and may be one of the biggest focuses. Students at Paola strive to show pride and be considerate of others. Our curriculum is changing over to more of hands on project and displaying of our knowledge on our subjects, making our studying and learning excel with great outcomes. We have many opportunities to get involved with our communities. Our school building is kept clean and well updated. There is not a day I couldn't say I was proud to be a Panther!
I could say a lot about Paola High School. As a young kid I really appreciated the small town aspect of Paola but as a grew and realized what it was all about I didn't feel so appreciative. Going to a highschool in a small town was not the best experience and I think many people can vouch for that. Graduating with the same kids you went to kindergarten with was not ideal. I would change a few things about Paola. I would change the fact that Paola is mainly based around sports and that they are just about the only people who get any recognition, and I would also change the qualifications for most of the teachers. Something I enjoyed about Paola was the fact that It was close knit at times and if anything went down we would have eachothers back. Though Paola was an experience I am ready to get out of the small town and live my life to its highest ability.
For a public high school, it's not awful. The staff is great and there is clear school spirit, but the academic aspect is lacking. With few AP classes offered and a lack of extracurriculars, outside of sports, it's hard to build an impressive transcript. As a student who applied to rather competitive schools, I found it hard to really impress admission boards. Local state schools and community colleges are great, but kids who would like to attend a more prestigious university will struggle to build up their application.