Panther Creek High School is a top rated, public school located in Cary, NC. It has 2,720 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Panther Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+648 Students
- A+572 Students
- B+399 Students
- B+331 Students
- A-269 Students
- B+236 Students
- A+176 Students
- B+158 Students
- A134 Students
- A118 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Panther Creek High School Reviews
My experience at Panther Creek High School was phenomenal; just like any rising freshmen, I had mixed feelings about high school in general. Would I make new friends? Would the classes be extremely difficult? Would it be safe for a reserved student like me? However, the diversity and the teachers made high school a very enjoyable experience that I will never forget. Most of the teachers are people that care to connect with their students outside the classroom, and all of them are very optimistic, which makes each day all the better. The diversity of the school too allowed me to be open to a variety of demographic and ideological groups; I now have a better understanding of what the outside world really looks like. One thing I would change is to have more committed counselors that want to connect with their students. Otherwise, I truly enjoyed my academic and social life at the high school!
I think that overall my experience here has been good, I have had lots of good, bad, and mediocre teachers. I have made very good friends so there are a lot of friendly people at this school, and there are tons of classes to choose from which is great when you're trying to figure out what you want to do in life. I'd say some of the bad teachers are extremely bad so it's difficult to excel with those teachers, but if you manage to avoid them it's an overall good experience!
I truly enjoy attending PCHS. I strongly believe my school has prepared me for college courses. Although Panther Creek is a very competitive high school, which can sometimes be stressful, I definitely feel it will help with my next four years in college. Most teachers go beyond their job to help students succeed in and outside the classroom. PCHS has numerous clubs and activities for students to participate in, which creates a diverse community. Staff and students at Panther Creek are one big family. Go Catamounts!