Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Panhandle High School is an above average, public school located in Panhandle, TX. It has 217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Panhandle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus58 Students
- grade B58 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade A20 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade A+16 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade B+15 Students
- grade B minus12 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Pep Rallys, Prom, Homecoming, graduation50%
- Pep rallies25%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,574 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Panhandle High School
- grade B minusClaude High School
- Claude Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 18 reviews
- grade C+White Deer High School
- White Deer Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 20 reviews
- grade BHighland Park High School
- Highland Park Independent School District (Amarillo), TX
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 91 reviews
Panhandle High School Reviews
Rating 3.81 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I’ve been going to Panhandle my entire life. I believe that the school has some things that could improve. Everything is completely based on athletics, and there are not many options for kids who are not interested in sports. The school is very cliquish, so kids who aren’t in athletics end up not having as many friends. The dress code is ridiculously strict, and I believe that should be changed so students can express themselves. However, most of the classes are good.
I loved how the teachers greeted me and introduced me to the community last year when I recently moved back to the United States of America. The students also greeted me with a smile and were very kind. Everyone is very helpful and will never leave you behind. I believe I made the right decision to join this school, I have improved my academic scores by fifteen percent or more. It is a great school!
I have been attending Panhandle schools since my family moved here my freshman year. I have had exposure to areas of school that are new to me (e.g. athletics and band). The teachers are really good and I love how the extracurricular activities are so well supported by the parents. The athletic program is unprecedented, the coaches go all out to build their teams solid. The band is state renowned, even with a turnover or directors. I have been impressed by the strong morale in the school system and would recommend Panhandle High School, Panhandle SCHOOLS, to anyone in the area.