Panhandle High School is an above average, public school located in Panhandle, TX. It has 207 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Panhandle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B44 Students
- A-42 Students
- B20 Students
- B-15 Students
- A14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Panhandle High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Panhandle High School Reviews
I loved how the teachers greeted me and introduced me to the community last year when I recently moved back to the United States of America. The students also greeted me with a smile and were very kind. Everyone is very helpful and will never leave you behind. I believe I made the right decision to join this school, I have improved my academic scores by fifteen percent or more. It is a great school!
I have been attending Panhandle schools since my family moved here my freshman year. I have had exposure to areas of school that are new to me (e.g. athletics and band). The teachers are really good and I love how the extracurricular activities are so well supported by the parents. The athletic program is unprecedented, the coaches go all out to build their teams solid. The band is state renowned, even with a turnover or directors. I have been impressed by the strong morale in the school system and would recommend Panhandle High School, Panhandle SCHOOLS, to anyone in the area.
Panhandle High School is an overall wonderful school filled with students who are eager to learn and support each other in improving their education. There are many teacher who care about their students and do everything they can to be there for them and help them as they need it. Panhandle High School has provided many ups and downs throughout the past 12 years, but I am very blessed i was able to go to a school where each individual has the opportunity to learn at their own pace. Although it is a good school, i would like to see the mindset of others change in our school. The school seems to revolve more around athletics than everything else. Overall though it has been wonderful having the opportunity to learn and make many memories throughout high school.