Panama High School is a public school located in Panama, NY. It has 237 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Panama High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-32 Students
- B17 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+9 Students
- C+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A8 Students
- B7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Panama High School
- C+Clymer Central School
- Clymer Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 24 reviews
- CCassadaga Valley Middle/High School
- Cassadaga Valley Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- C+Eisenhower Middle/High School
- Warren County School District, PA
- 76 reviews
- C+Frewsburg Junior/Senior High School
- Frewsburg Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
Panama High School Reviews
There are numerous extracurricular opportunities at Panama. Our guidance counselor, as well as the teachers, encourage students to partake in these activities. Of these activities, I have personally taken part in Mock Trial, Impact, Student Council (President), National Honor Society, musical, drama, band, chorus, yearbook, and the Swim & Dive Team (Captain). The clubs, excluding sports, that require the most commitment are musical and yearbook, as the objectives of both of these are to create a publication (a musical, and a yearbook). In my opinion, musical is also the most fun, and more than 70 students are signed up to participate in this year's musical, Wizard of Oz. Student Council and National Honor Society are rewarding, as students are able to serve their school and community while holding events with their peers. Panama's clubs and organizations are one contribution to the well-rounded and knowledgeable students.
Although the teaching styles and practices vary at Panama, overall it is fair to say that Panama's teachers are well-educated, and genuinely care about sharing that education with their students. It is fairly easy to seek guidance in any teacher on any matter, including assignments, other classes, or even personal life. In fact, it is encouraged that students speak up when they have questions. Teaching styles range from completely online courses to courses strictly using pencil and paper. Each class within this range is able to give the information necessary to students in an interesting and practical way. Being a small school, teachers are very personable, and get to know each student so they may learn how to help that student grow academically. Overall, I am sure I have received an excellent education from the teachers at Panama Central School.
If I had a choice to repeat high school and choose which school to go to, I would definitely choose Panama. Panama's unique quality of a small school, combined with the outstanding faculty and parents, make it a prime school for all students. Furthermore, because the school is small, a student is able to partake in more than one activity. For example, I participate as captain of the swim team while being an Impact leader. I also play a role in musical, while at the same time participating in Mock Trial. This wouldn't be possible at a large school, where a student might have to choose one activity to compete in at a time. I have made memories at Panama and built relationships that I know couldn't be made anywhere else, and for that reason, I would choose to go nowhere else than Panama Central School.