Pana Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pana, IL. It has 399 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Pana Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B50 Students
- B31 Students
- B24 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+18 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+12 Students
- B10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pana Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Pana Senior High School
- BNokomis Junior/Senior High School
- Nokomis Community Unit School District No. 22, IL
- 33 reviews
- C+Ramsey High School
- Ramsey Community Unit School District No. 204, IL
- 20 reviews
- CCowden-Herrick Jr/Sr High School
- Cowden-Herrick Community Unit School District No. 3-A, IL
- 20 reviews
- B-Shelbyville High School
- Shelbyville Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 42 reviews
Pana Senior High School Reviews
Pana Senior High has an incredible staff of teachers who are constantly going out of their way to help students succeed. Nearly every teacher in this building would stay for hours after school to help students with projects, papers, and assignments to help ensure success and prepare the students for college. The dual credit course options are amazing because I was able to enter my first year of college as a sophomore due to my credit hours.
All the teachers were very helpful and always ready to teach us something new. The one thing I did not like was how the school board made decisions. The school board did not based the rules or decisions they made off of what was best for the school but based on how they wanted the school to be ran and what they wanted. What I am looking for in college is to have fair rules and a school board to make rules based on what is best for the school.
The teachers are nice, food is great, and the subjects are interesting. The main thing I wish they would have is on forms, for those in the LGBT community, that there would be an option to put their pronouns and prefered name.