Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews

Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is known for their excellent academic offering but you really need to take the time to learn the material on your own.
The staffs and students work very hard so that all of the students can enjoy the school year. At least once a month, there is an event held so that everyone can interact. Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a place for every student.
Pen isn't going to be the average high school teen movie experience. At first, I thought this was a bad thing, but I have come to realize that it is for the best. Do the classes kick you in the ass daily? Yep. However, as stated by my sister who was a grad of '17, her junior and senior years of high school were harder than her freshman year of college. Not only are you well-prepared for college in terms of knowledge, but you also learn HOW to work. As for the community, I don't think it gets any better -- at least not at any other school on the hill. I have never felt unwelcomed or uncared for by the student body. There is so much support given. Dr. Kuykendall is and amazing principal and human being. I have been able to get to know him personally, and I can tell that he is genuinely passionate and excited about his job every single day. During pep rallies, I am always filled with a sense of joy and appreciation of the entire student body. I love this school.
Start Your Review of Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
The experience at Peninsula high school is truly a great one. I wouldn’t give those 4 years for anything. The only downside is the extremely competitive academic environment, but you can always find some friends to work with.
Peninsula has great diversity and culture, students support one another although some may be different, the teachers are all very supportive and do their jobs well. It's a great environment.
So many opportunities, future, path, and choices. The teachers were knowledgeable, compassionate toward students, and above all they cared each and every students who were enrolled in this high school.
Although very academically rigorous, Peninsula is one of the best public high schools out there. There are so many outlets to express creativity, grow as an individual, experiment with new passions and meet amazing students and staff. I graduated in 2018 and was a part of numerous honors societies, clubs, student leadership, sports and more and everything and everyone prepared me very well for college. I would not be where i am today without the memories made and lessons learned from my time at PVPHS!
I would definitely go back. It is academically challenging but also build you up for higher education.
As a transfer student I couldn't have asked for a better environment. I moved states and experienced immense encouragement from faculty and peers. Campus is clean and student community shines everywhere you look. Classes are engaging and students can tailor most of their classes to suit their needs and rigor. PVPHS features many varsity sports teams, a good music and arts program (including glass blowing and ceramics), theatre/drama, a robotics team and more. Opportunity is limitless here.
Decent choice of classes. I often found counselors to be of little help. I was often told to "lower my standards" for college and was told I was "probably not going to get into USC", however I did get in and I graduated from USC 2 years ago.
It's a great school in academic wise, but it'r more like a nerd school so if you are looking for a place to have a fun high school life then it's probably not the best option for you.
Entering high school is a big step, and PVPHS does an amazing job at preparing all of its students for post-high school life. The teachers are invested in the academic success of their students, and they also recognize their individuality. The school staff, from the maintenance to the principal, are kind and are willing to help the students with whatever they may need. School spirit can be seen in each grade, especially on Competition days.
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a place where students understand the value of earning a valuable education in high school and embody the importance of learning. Attending the school for 4 years, I was inspired by the accomplishments and dedication of my fellow classmates, and worked hard to achieve the goals I set out for myself. Overall, my experiences have built me up to be a mature and diligent student, and have made many long lasting relationships that have touched me deeply.
Well my experience in Palos Verdes Peninsula has been a bit of a hit or miss, there at times I feel grateful for attending here, however most of the reasons can be replicated at other schools, without the toxic environment of Palos Verdes Peninsula, some teachers will actively try to take points away from you, many revel in this they take an obscene amount of pleasure from this, however the students there are mostly good, everyone minds their own business, which I like as an introvert, so if your in the Hill and prefer a quiet environment that you can fade in, then this school is for you.
PVPHS was an extremely welcoming school that did a great job of trying to include everyone both in academics and extracurriculars. The student body was naturally very competitive and was at times somewhat overwhelming. Overall, with the exception of two or three teachers, all faculty and staff were easy to talk to, though maybe not the best at teaching (often students find themselves self-studying, though this is an integral aspect of college).
I loved the student culture! The teachers are good at making the students very comfortable and are accommodating to our needs. The resource centers on campus: College Career Center, Learning Center, Safety Center, are all so amazing and the faculty really want to help the students in every possible way. I had a great experience at Peninsula!
Offers a large range of academic opportunities. Can be a high stress environment but prepares well for college and will provide resources for students to utilize to achieve what they are willing to work for.
Start Your Review of Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
If you are prepared to do as much work as is the status quo and can afford all of the extracurriculars and tutors and sports etc. this is about as prepared for college as you can get. Many students graduate and find that college is significantly easier than penn. That being said the expectations can be crushing and students regularly get less than 5 hours of sleep.
This school presents an atmosphere of competition rather than education. Your peers are what bring more pressure than the teachers.
Very academic focused, very college focused. Lots of extra curricular activities and class availability.