Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a top rated, public school located in Rolling Hills Estates, CA. It has 2,329 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+761 Students
- grade A+592 Students
- grade A+547 Students
- grade A527 Students
- grade A+507 Students
- grade A480 Students
- grade A395 Students
- grade A minus291 Students
- grade A261 Students
- grade A+260 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 59 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 59 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 221 responses
- Dances and late starts13%
- Walk For Life Cancer Fundraiser12%
- Basketball Games10%
- Late starts10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 66 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,900 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 88 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 88 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 88 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- grade A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 389 reviews
- grade A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 766 reviews
- grade A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 564 reviews
- grade A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- Rating 4.1 out of 5 652 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
Rating 4.03 out of 5 635 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Highly competitive academic school! The teachers are all around solid and extremely qualified. Everyone encourages and supports one another in their trip through high school. This support has been great for many students like myself going through high school. Many programs and clubs to be a part of, no one is left behind. I have learned a lot about myself from my experiences here and have grown to be a better person because of them, such as seeing myself put in various leadership roles.
Being a Panther for four years now, I see firsthand how resilient and strong-minded students on campus are. I see their passion in whatever they do, whether it be robotics or theater, orchestra or basketball. The student body is truly diverse and supportive, and you will always find a home here. The only warning sign Peninsula High should come with is its competitiveness. Students truly push themselves over the top to reach their full potential, both academically and socially. Individual competitiveness is displayed with our test scores and honor society eligibilities, but the school also comes together against intense sports games with rival teams. The administrative staff will listen to what you have to say, and our principal is truly the heart of it all.
I love Peninsula High School. Lessons are engaging and exciting, and it is evident that the teachers care deeply about their students. We have an extremely wide variety of activities on campus, making it possible for every student to connect with others with similar interests. The atmosphere on campus is so welcoming and safe that Peninsula is truly my second home. Go Pen!