Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a top rated, public school located in Rolling Hills Estates, CA. It has 2,348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+667 Students
- A+526 Students
- A+470 Students
- A455 Students
- A+445 Students
- A404 Students
- A343 Students
- A-263 Students
- A+228 Students
- A226 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 209 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 367 reviews
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 724 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 527 reviews
- A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- 614 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
Academics are great! Staff treating students equally, BIG FAT ZERO. If you wanna lean on the staff to be sure your child is being treated equally or even with simple respect from other students you can forget it. A lot of questionable stuff going on in the sports department. Not gonna name names but you know who you are. You favor specific students and allow them to get away with murder. It’s disgusting and disappointing how the sports dept is ran.
Great school! I currently go here and really enjoy it. The teachers are very enthusiastic and kind, and the students are nice too. One thing I would add is that its a huge school with very academic and determined students, so if you’re not an all A’s student who’s only activities are studying, then you might not love it so much. Homework is, of course, a mandatory part of your grade. After around 8 hours of school, depending on the classes you choose to take, you’ll definitely have at least 3 hours of homework per day. It’s a lot. Also, its hard to stick out to potential colleges in a school this huge and academic. Otherwise, its a great school with an awesome spirit. I would definitely recommend going to PVPHS.
I loved the student culture! The teachers are good at making the students very comfortable and are accommodating to our needs. The resource centers on campus: College Career Center, Learning Center, Safety Center, are all so amazing and the faculty really want to help the students in every possible way. I had a great experience at Peninsula!