Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a top rated, public school located in Rolling Hills Estates, CA. It has 2,519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+510 Students
- A+398 Students
- A+361 Students
- A+353 Students
- A340 Students
- A290 Students
- A269 Students
- A-194 Students
- A+183 Students
- A181 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingD
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.54 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 193 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 343 reviews
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 666 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 484 reviews
- A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- 534 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
Pen High has a school culture that allows students to not be afraid to showcase their true selves. It is a place that gives students a safe environment to step out of their comfort zones and continually grow to become a better version of themselves. The students that go here are incredibly kind, thoughtful, and welcoming, and they will accept anyone with open arms. Incoming freshman- when you come to Pen, make sure you take advantage of every single opportunity you’re given here. They are what make this school incomparable to others. Join a club, CREATE your own club, join PLUS, Link Crew, ASB or Service Learning, join the debate team, MUN, Teen Court, a sports team-whatever it is you decide to do-this is the time to try something new and challenge yourself. By the time you are a senior and you are reflecting back on your four years, you’ll realize how much of a positive impact this school has made on your life. Best of luck!
This school is competitive but that's a good thing! There are plenty of challengingly classes and extracurriculars to join which are helpful to guide students towards successful college admissions. Most of the teachers I had were good and fair, and the school's buildings and resources have been updated starting from my last year there. The school boasts many admissions to top colleges; it's really a great environment to drive learning and success.
This school has pushed me very hard, but if it wasn't this challenging then I would not have been able to realize my full potential, both in academics and athletics. Everyone around me is very supportive, and over my 4 years here I have become much better at dealing with stress. Definitely has prepared me for college--and life!