Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+451 Students
- A+359 Students
- A+326 Students
- A+313 Students
- A290 Students
- A241 Students
- A232 Students
- A-165 Students
- A+161 Students
- A155 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 188 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.80 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.82 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 330 reviews
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 639 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 465 reviews
- A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- 508 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
This school is competitive but that's a good thing! There are plenty of challengingly classes and extracurriculars to join which are helpful to guide students towards successful college admissions. Most of the teachers I had were good and fair, and the school's buildings and resources have been updated starting from my last year there. The school boasts many admissions to top colleges; it's really a great environment to drive learning and success.
This school has pushed me very hard, but if it wasn't this challenging then I would not have been able to realize my full potential, both in academics and athletics. Everyone around me is very supportive, and over my 4 years here I have become much better at dealing with stress. Definitely has prepared me for college--and life!
Peninsula High School is a school with a diverse student body but many of them are entitled and self centered or childish but there are still many who are neither. Compared to PVHS(the other school in the PVPUSD), Peninsula does not have a relaxing atmosphere due to the amount of traffic around the campus, amount of students, and there is no ocean breeze. Another con here at Peninsula is that currently it's academic ranking went down due to more students along with a few teachers not caring about school these years compared to the past a few years ago. Peninsula still has that academic reputation but that's not the case anymore. If you take classes such as Earth Science, Life Science, or Reading and Writing Skills, along with some regular classes, the academics are a joke because both students and teachers don't even care about school! So that reputation that everyone is smart here at Peninsula and that they all care about their grades is absolutely untrue.