Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+390 Students
- A+307 Students
- A+295 Students
- A+264 Students
- A242 Students
- A195 Students
- A195 Students
- A+149 Students
- A-145 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 187 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.79 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.81 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 328 reviews
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 634 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 462 reviews
- A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- 499 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
Review Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
This school is competitive but that's a good thing! There are plenty of challengingly classes and extracurriculars to join which are helpful to guide students towards successful college admissions. Most of the teachers I had were good and fair, and the school's buildings and resources have been updated starting from my last year there. The school boasts many admissions to top colleges; it's really a great environment to drive learning and success.
Peninsula High School is a school with a diverse student body but many of them are entitled and self centered or childish but there are still many who are neither. Compared to PVHS(the other school in the PVPUSD), Peninsula does not have a relaxing atmosphere due to the amount of traffic around the campus, amount of students, and there is no ocean breeze. Another con here at Peninsula is that currently it's academic ranking went down due to more students along with a few teachers not caring about school these years compared to the past a few years ago. Peninsula still has that academic reputation but that's not the case anymore. If you take classes such as Earth Science, Life Science, or Reading and Writing Skills, along with some regular classes, the academics are a joke because both students and teachers don't even care about school! So that reputation that everyone is smart here at Peninsula and that they all care about their grades is absolutely untrue.
As a transfer student from PVHS, I found out myself that the stereotypes that kids there say about kids at Peninsula aren't true at all. Not everyone here is smart and is Asian. Peninsula is a school with diversity compared to PVHS and the student body is more open. The student activities are mostly controlled by the administration though. The administrators, and counselors look open but are not supportive of student activities that bring good high school memories at all! Administrators at Peninsula mostly support things that are academic-related only. They don't support that you are an individual and that you have your own learning style. The English classes here are a joke and only set your GPA up to suffer. Case carriers do not do their job at all and will pretend they are in front of parents. Out of six of my teachers, there was only one that welcomed me, showed me around and helped me as a person and that was not my case carrier. Bill Gates said that a great education doesn't come from a great school, it comes from a great teacher. Overall, Peninsula has a good amount of amazing students that are ready to have an awesome time being a Panther!