Palos Verdes Peninsula High School is a top rated, public school located in Rolling Hills Estates, CA. It has 2,426 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+583 Students
- A+452 Students
- A+406 Students
- A+399 Students
- A394 Students
- A338 Students
- A303 Students
- A-221 Students
- A+208 Students
- A201 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 206 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- A+Palos Verdes High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 361 reviews
- A+Santa Monica High School
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, CA
- 699 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 516 reviews
- A+Redondo Union High School
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, CA
- 578 reviews
Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Reviews
Great school! I currently go here and really enjoy it. The teachers are very enthusiastic and kind, and the students are nice too. One thing I would add is that its a huge school with very academic and determined students, so if you’re not an all A’s student who’s only activities are studying, then you might not love it so much. Homework is, of course, a mandatory part of your grade. After around 8 hours of school, depending on the classes you choose to take, you’ll definitely have at least 3 hours of homework per day. It’s a lot. Also, its hard to stick out to potential colleges in a school this huge and academic. Otherwise, its a great school with an awesome spirit. I would definitely recommend going to PVPHS.
I loved the student culture! The teachers are good at making the students very comfortable and are accommodating to our needs. The resource centers on campus: College Career Center, Learning Center, Safety Center, are all so amazing and the faculty really want to help the students in every possible way. I had a great experience at Peninsula!
Pen High has a school culture that allows students to not be afraid to showcase their true selves. It is a place that gives students a safe environment to step out of their comfort zones and continually grow to become a better version of themselves. The students that go here are incredibly kind, thoughtful, and welcoming, and they will accept anyone with open arms. Incoming freshman- when you come to Pen, make sure you take advantage of every single opportunity you’re given here. They are what make this school incomparable to others. Join a club, CREATE your own club, join PLUS, Link Crew, ASB or Service Learning, join the debate team, MUN, Teen Court, a sports team-whatever it is you decide to do-this is the time to try something new and challenge yourself. By the time you are a senior and you are reflecting back on your four years, you’ll realize how much of a positive impact this school has made on your life. Best of luck!