Palos Verdes High School is a top rated, public school located in Palos Verdes Estates, CA. It has 1,689 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Palos Verdes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+315 Students
- A+269 Students
- A+229 Students
- A+209 Students
- A-178 Students
- A173 Students
- A149 Students
- A148 Students
- A+140 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 120 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Palos Verdes High School
- A+Palos Verdes Peninsula High School
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 594 reviews
- A+Mira Costa High School
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District, CA
- 517 reviews
- A+El Segundo High School
- El Segundo Unified School District, CA
- 508 reviews
- A+South High School
- Torrance Unified School District, CA
- 396 reviews
Palos Verdes High School Reviews
amazing teachers, schedule, and support. I think that the PVIT program is a rare gem in our public school systems. I had the opportunity to work hands on in engineering since my freshman year. The teachers in the program truly inspire and I have experienced a connection to learning and teachers throughout my time on this campus. I also think the block schedule is good for my health...on Wednesdays we have late start and I am on the surf team...so we can go surf before school and or go to competitions. On days with no surf, I get the luxury of sleeping in- something all high-school students need!
I attended PVHS from my sophomore year through my senior year after having transferred from a school across the country. PVHS was very different from my prior institution, as it is entirely outdoors, and there was significant culture shock, as well. My notes lie in the negatives though: I have had incidents with teachers deserving of admin interference and the process of gaining assistance was slow, the funding is disproportionate as football returfs annually and many other journalism and drama programs are self-funded, and some classes are composed of pure memorization. Overall, though, seniors are prepared for college over the four year process by our great College and Career Center, counselors, and individual teachers. This merits the given four stars.
I love Palos Verdes High School! There have been issues in the past with this school but the district and high power officials have taken action to prevent these events happening in the future. Administration could pay more attention to student well being and life preparedness but overall it is an amazing school with amazing athletics as well as activities.