Palo Alto High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+285 Students
- A+227 Students
- A+225 Students
- A+222 Students
- A+222 Students
- A200 Students
- A199 Students
- A+139 Students
- A130 Students
- A127 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Palo Alto High School
- A+Henry M. Gunn High School
- Palo Alto Unified School District, CA
- 236 reviews
- A+Saratoga High School
- Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District, CA
- 128 reviews
- A+Los Altos High School
- Mountain View-Los Altos Union High School District, CA
- 231 reviews
- A+Cupertino High School
- Fremont Union High School District, CA
- 339 reviews
Palo Alto High School Reviews
Review Palo Alto High School
I went to Palo Alto High School, for four years, and I think that it's a great community. Big stress on academic readiness for colleges. Grades are dependent on which teacher you get. Counselors are there to support, but only if you approach them. There are small traditions like the senior deck or spirit week that make the school student culture great. With the construction of the new buildings, Palo Alto High School additionally provides a numerous amount of the latest designs and technology to assist its students in succeeding throughout their career in high school and to continue off into college.
Palo Alto High School (Paly) is a very accepting high school, full of talented and intelligent individuals. We have received lots of criticism in the past in regards to the competitive nature at our high school, but I believe that the teachers and administration are doing there best to support the students. All the teachers and administrators are very accessible and helpful, and they provide any support, academic or emotional, when needed. The competitive nature at our school arises from the students themselves because everyone is so motivated to succeed, so everyone is doing their best, be it in classes, athletics, or clubs. Another thing that surprised me was the amazing school spirit. Our football and basketball games have a decent student attendance, but regardless of the number of people in the crowd, the crowd still goes wild. Our spirit is especially portrayed during our spirit week where all the classes compete against one another.
What I enjoyed most about my four years at Palo Alto High school, was the sense of community that is felt throughout campus. While the courses are demanding and rigorous, the student body works together in a strong and productive way, that always took me by surprise. There were always student-led activities going on somewhere on campus, and there was not one moment when I was bored or felt disconnected from my peers. My high school experience was special enough, that if I was offered a fifth year to continue living the high school life, I would take it in a heartbeat.