Palo Alto High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+232 Students
- A+203 Students
- A+203 Students
- A+199 Students
- A+181 Students
- A156 Students
- A152 Students
- A+123 Students
- A+112 Students
- A+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Palo Alto High School Reviews
Review Palo Alto High School
Palo Alto High School (Paly) is a very accepting high school, full of talented and intelligent individuals. We have received lots of criticism in the past in regards to the competitive nature at our high school, but I believe that the teachers and administration are doing there best to support the students. All the teachers and administrators are very accessible and helpful, and they provide any support, academic or emotional, when needed. The competitive nature at our school arises from the students themselves because everyone is so motivated to succeed, so everyone is doing their best, be it in classes, athletics, or clubs. Another thing that surprised me was the amazing school spirit. Our football and basketball games have a decent student attendance, but regardless of the number of people in the crowd, the crowd still goes wild. Our spirit is especially portrayed during our spirit week where all the classes compete against one another.
What I enjoyed most about my four years at Palo Alto High school, was the sense of community that is felt throughout campus. While the courses are demanding and rigorous, the student body works together in a strong and productive way, that always took me by surprise. There were always student-led activities going on somewhere on campus, and there was not one moment when I was bored or felt disconnected from my peers. My high school experience was special enough, that if I was offered a fifth year to continue living the high school life, I would take it in a heartbeat.
As a minority PALY was a very interesting school, it was very fit towards a specific group of students and because of that some students slipped through the cracks. I did love the school spirit and culture around specific sports being on the soccer team you were already into a brotherhood that was very special so PALY had its ups and its downs. I believe they should change the way they find diversity, get more colored or diverse teachers so the diverse students feel they have someone they can connect to and really just speak to about problems they may have.