Palmyra-Macedon Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Palmyra, NY. It has 574 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Palmyra-Macedon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C32 Students
- B24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B19 Students
- A18 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A15 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Palmyra-Macedon Senior High School
- A-Ruben A. Cirillo High School
- Gananda Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- B+Wayne Senior High School
- Wayne Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 213 reviews
- BBloomfield High School
- East Bloomfield Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
Palmyra-Macedon Senior High School Reviews
The teachers in Palmyra-Macedon High School are wonderful, always helping students and considerate of a normal student life. Although athletics and food are not always great or successful, I have made wonderful friends here! If a student apply themselves, high school is easy and they would need to try harder to fail. The atmosphere is nice, but I think there needs to be upgrades such as nicer bathrooms, gym bleachers, classroom material, lockers that are our school color, and a courtroom.
I have enjoyed my four-year experience at Palmyra-Macedon High School and I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the students there. Although academics are above par at our high school, it would be great to see the school concentrate more upon their academics than their sports, which is an issue at our school. In addition, the school does not meet the needs of the students for proper facilities (especially the bathrooms) and with decent meals for lunches. Since our parents pay taxes for our school, I believe that the future and current students should be rewarded with sufficient needs within our school. Even though our school is a little misfocused on its objective (which is to educate students to its greatest potential), Palmyra-Macedon’s high school is a great school for adademics and is a great school for activities.
I liked that Pal-Mac Senior High School has a lot of opportunities when it comes to the classes we decide to take. If we want to take FLCC or MCC classes, we have the opportunity to do so and it helps in the future because if we need a science class we can take the credit we got from high school and use it rather than pay money for a class we don't need to take. What I would like to see happen in Pal-Mac is the preparation for college for seniors to improve. By the time we get into our first week of classes in September we're already doing college essays and everything is thrown onto us at once.