Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Palmyra Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Palmyra, PA. It has 1,141 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Palmyra Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+135 Students
- A-91 Students
- A70 Students
- B65 Students
- B58 Students
- B48 Students
- B39 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-35 Students
- C+34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Palmyra Area Senior High School
- B+Manheim Central Senior High School
- Manheim Central School District, PA
- 169 reviews
- BAnnville-Cleona Secondary School
- Annville-Cleona School District, PA
- 84 reviews
- BElizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 135 reviews
- B+Cedar Crest High School
- Cornwall-Lebanon School District, PA
- 248 reviews
Palmyra Area Senior High School Reviews
Going to Palmyra Area High School was a wonderful time. We received a new principal two years ago in which he changed various things which made our class unhappy sometimes, but besides that, it was a great four years. The teachers were incredible and very easy to connect with. The students were not very diverse but are all generally nice people, this school is very easy going and the staff and students are great. The guidance staff does an amazing job preparing seniors for college by working with you individually throughout the year. Our athletics are very good and have nice budgets to support everyone, along with our incredible music program. It is a great place to have your children grow up and further their education!
Palmyra Area High School has awesome talent, as evidenced by the Mr. PHS talent show that’s held every year. We also have a major fundraiser for the Four Diamonds fund (Mini-Thon) , where we’ve raised thousands of dollars over the years to benefit childhood cancer. The students at PHS are like a big family, in that they care for each other. All students receive laptops to use each year & there are unique classes offered, such as photography.
I really enjoyed most of the teachers but there was a lot of issues involving other students. They tend to be extremely insensitive and very few receive consequences. Despite all of the negative people, it was pretty easy to surround myself with truly good people.