Palmdale High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B216 Students
- A+175 Students
- C-156 Students
- A+118 Students
- A+114 Students
- A-112 Students
- B+105 Students
- A104 Students
- A93 Students
- A87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 164 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
Palmdale High School Reviews
Review Palmdale High School
What I enjoy most about palmdale highschool is that it allows students to pick classes that work for them and work with their individual schedules. You have a variety of classes to pick from and two national and international recognized academys, the health careers academy and the fast academy. Each focusing on engineering and the medical field. Students embark on a career choice earlier in life. One thing I would love to see change is way freshmen see highschool such as not being told of all the amazing classes and clubs they can do. Have more communication between upper classmen and lower classmen to give them advice and tell them about amazing opportunities such as sports and clubs that build the community closer. As a senior and peer tutor to avid freshmen im sure it would be very much appreciated. Workshops and activities can be held to close this gap.
The Health Careers Academy along with the F.A.S.T. Academy are great for students to explore careers in the medical and engineering fields. They show us the real hands-on duties that these careers face and we are familiarized with their environment from internships at hospitals and mechanic shops. Aside from the academies, I feel that some teachers don't prepare students for college level courses unless they take Advanced Placement classes, which not every student does. Overall my experience here was wonderful. The counselors and teachers are more than willing to help students with both personal and school problems.
What I like about Palmdale is that the teachers try their best to help you understand everything you are learning. The faculty is very nice and easy to talk to. The activities are so much fun and enjoyable like our pep rallies and lunch activities. There is a diversity at Palmdale and everyone seems to get along. When they don't, security comes and tries to make amends. When there is ever a problem on campus security comes and fixes it. Also, when there is a lock down, faculty and staff protect us very well and do their best to keep us calm and safe. I really do like Palmdale High School and plan on working there in the future, as well as sending my kids to school there.