Palisades High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kintnersville, PA. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Palisades High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+76 Students
- A52 Students
- A50 Students
- A+29 Students
- B27 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B-23 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Palisades High School
- A-Saucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- A-Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- 306 reviews
- ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 274 reviews
- B+Southern Lehigh Senior High School
- Southern Lehigh School District, PA
- 280 reviews
Palisades High School Reviews
I like the teacher-student connection here at Palisades High School. It really shows that they care about their students. However the school cares a lot about how they look on the outside rather than the inside. The school looks really good but kids are miserable to come in. Our school offers healthy lunch meals, but offer no source of food that kids actually will enjoy eating. Also, the school seems as if they REALLY try to crack down on drugs and juuls in the school but you can always smell them in the bathroom and its really nasty. There are worms everywhere whenever it rains, bee infestation problems whenever the season comes around, and there is no balance of temperature. There's always not enough heating or not enough cooling. During the winter, they don't do a good job at heating the school up or cooling it down during the summer.
Palisades High School offers career pathways, access to a technical school, advanced classes, and resources for students to get help at. Overall the school is beneficial to the students, but there are areas for improvement. The school focuses on athletics and as an athlete, I can say that the programs have definitely improved during my years here. The school itself needs work, leaky spots in the hallways, bathrooms in the winter are freezing to the extent that I put my jacket on just to go, and there is visible water damage to the gym bleachers from said leaks.
At Palisades, there is a strong sense of community if you make an effort to be a part of it, however, it primarily revolves around athletics, specifically football. In regards to the academics there, some of the teachers really care about their students, are very passionate about their jobs, and are exceptional at teaching in general. Like any other school, there are teachers who do not do well at teaching their students and fail to make a positive impact on their educational experiences. For college readiness, Palisades offers a limited number of AP courses, but they are beneficial to students. When applying to college, it is difficult at first because Palisades does a mediocre job, at best, of informing the students about what must be done. Aside for some flaws, Palisades is a good school if one chooses to work hard and make the most of it.