Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Palisades High School is an above average, public school located in Kintnersville, PA. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Palisades High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+106 Students
- grade A71 Students
- grade A minus65 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade B35 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade A+31 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Sports events47%
- Spirit week29%
- Many people enjoy the plays18%
- Bullying people6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,975 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Palisades High School
- grade A minusSaucon Valley Senior High School
- Saucon Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 137 reviews
- grade B+Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 337 reviews
- grade ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 299 reviews
- grade ASouthern Lehigh Senior High School
- Southern Lehigh School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 300 reviews
Palisades High School Reviews
Rating 3.54 out of 5 102 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Palisades High School is a great school! Although small, it has a great academic program and gives students a large choice for AP classes. There is also a wide variety of normal academic classes and extracurricular activities. Facilities are decent, some areas of the school could definitely need some fixing. The science wing is currently being refitted to be more accomodating to students for the next school year. The school overall is very good but not very diverse, it also can be considered a small school as there are 598 students as of 2020.
The environment is decent, teachers and students are nice, but sometimes it feels like the students are all a number and a few teachers do not put in full effort to help the students. Some want to rely on technology and other resources for assistance, even when students ask a teacher directly for help. Some teachers are great, but others are not and it can be very frustrating especially for students who give full effort and want to succeed. Some just brush students off and have no desire to stay after and put in the extra time to help one succeed, when the student is, and it really puts an extra struggle to school that really should not be a huge issue, but it seems to be very prevalent here.
I like the teacher-student connection here at Palisades High School. It really shows that they care about their students. However the school cares a lot about how they look on the outside rather than the inside. The school looks really good but kids are miserable to come in. Our school offers healthy lunch meals, but offer no source of food that kids actually will enjoy eating. Also, the school seems as if they REALLY try to crack down on drugs and juuls in the school but you can always smell them in the bathroom and its really nasty. There are worms everywhere whenever it rains, bee infestation problems whenever the season comes around, and there is no balance of temperature. There's always not enough heating or not enough cooling. During the winter, they don't do a good job at heating the school up or cooling it down during the summer.