Paducah Tilghman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Paducah, KY. It has 821 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Paducah Tilghman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+134 Students
- A-124 Students
- A-104 Students
- B-87 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+27 Students
- B24 Students
- B24 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Paducah Tilghman High School Reviews
Paducah Tilghman is the perfect place to receive your secondary education. We are a small school with big opportunities. The school does not limit students to the things they can be apart of. If you are a cheerleader and want to be in the school musical then so be it. Our arts are thriving with classes such as choir, band, orchestra, creative writing, and the school newspaper. Here you can complete college credit through AP classes and Dual Credit Courses. The support system at PTHS is brilliant and we aren't just a school, we're a family!
Being able to say I’m a student at Paducah Tilghman High School is something that makes me proud. I am constantly being challenged in the classroom, and having an enjoyable experience. Waking up each morning is something I am not fond of, but I love to do it on school days! I am only a sophomore, which means I have one year of experience at PTHS. However, I feel as if I have always been a part of this family. As we say, ain’t no party like a tilghman party, cause a tilghman party don’t stop.
My experience in high school was challenging. During this time I enjoyed sports like basketball, track, baseball, and football. I also enjoyed being around a set group of people I knew for a long time. I grew into my own during these developmental years and learned I have a passion for science. I didn't enjoy that everyone didn't have the same opportunities to understand themselves that I did. My family was able to provide rides and means of aid for me to do these things and I noticed several students were not granted these opportunities. If I could change one thing about Tilghman High School I would make it a focus to get students who don't have access, access to more extracurricular activities.