Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Paducah Tilghman High School is an above average, public school located in Paducah, KY. It has 792 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Paducah Tilghman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B172 Students
- A-160 Students
- B+129 Students
- B-114 Students
- B-75 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+33 Students
- B30 Students
- B-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Recycling Club10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Paducah Tilghman High School Reviews
Paducah Tilghman is the perfect place to receive your secondary education. We are a small school with big opportunities. The school does not limit students to the things they can be apart of. If you are a cheerleader and want to be in the school musical then so be it. Our arts are thriving with classes such as choir, band, orchestra, creative writing, and the school newspaper. Here you can complete college credit through AP classes and Dual Credit Courses. The support system at PTHS is brilliant and we aren't just a school, we're a family!
PTHS is preparing students for the real world. It’s the most racially diverse school in our state except for Louisville. Kids tolerate and learn to live with differences. It’s long tradition in sports and academic is secondary to none. It’s been around over 150 years. Teachers are touch but fair. Preparing you for college or technical school. The mission statement is know everything child by name and need and they do. Especially during this virus they are feeding, taking buses to deliver homework and pick it up. Supply food for weekends if needed. They even had a parade for the seniors to bring them their caps and gowns and taped each student for a virtual graduation and honors night. It’s a “ Tilghman thing “ is what makes you a part of something to be proud of and I can’t recommend it enough.
Being able to say I’m a student at Paducah Tilghman High School is something that makes me proud. I am constantly being challenged in the classroom, and having an enjoyable experience. Waking up each morning is something I am not fond of, but I love to do it on school days! I am only a sophomore, which means I have one year of experience at PTHS. However, I feel as if I have always been a part of this family. As we say, ain’t no party like a tilghman party, cause a tilghman party don’t stop.