Packer Collegiate Institute is a top rated, private school located in Brooklyn, NY. It has 998 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $44,700 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Packer Collegiate Institute Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+59 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Packer Collegiate Institute Reviews
I attended Packer from PK through to 12th grade, and they truly were, the best years of life. Students are expected to thrive academically, but that's not to say it's a hothouse, where only the fittest survive. Support is there for students who need it, for whatever reason that may be. During 10th grade, I had a period of suffering with health issues, which at the time I had receive no diagnosis for. I was well supported by the school, and as a result my grades didn't suffer. Once I received a diagnosis - thankfully nothing too serious - the school continued to support me, while I received treatment. Without such incredible support from the school, at that time in life, I would not have graduated with a 4.0 GPA!
Packer has overall good academics and a good staff, but doesn't always prioritize academics. Also, Packer is very, very liberal, and although not officially, more conservative students are occasionally hassled for their political views. Packer also likes to guilt-trip, however, and cis, straight, white, rich, males can sometimes feel targeted by the administration. The students are overall academically gifted, but sometimes the class placement can be stressful for people who are slower learners. I really like my school, and find the majority of the administration (especially in the middle school) qualified and well-liked. The students in my grade are incredibly kind and thoughtful, and many of the teachers are too.
The faculty and staff at Packer always strive to provide the highest-quality education to their students. The classes are informative, the teachers engaging, and the extracurricular activities fun!