Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School is a public school located in Paris, ME. It has 1,039 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
256 Main Street
Paris, ME 04271
Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+113 Students
- C+67 Students
- B56 Students
- B47 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School
- CLake Region High School
- Regional School Unit No. 61 (MSAD 61), ME
- 107 reviews
- B-Leavitt Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 52 (MSAD 52), ME
- 112 reviews
- CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- 114 reviews
- B-Poland Regional High School
- Regional School Unit No. 16 (MSAD 16), ME
- 143 reviews
Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School Reviews
Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School is a fine high school indeed. Before attending OHCHS I had lived in Greenfield Ohio and was attending McClain High School. MHS was a decent high school, but not very challenging. When I arrived at OHCHS I was surprised at how efficient and challenging their classes were! I had to strive harder to keep the good grades that I previously had earned. Not only were they challenging, but they also offered a diverse set of classes that I would not have dreamed of at MHS. They have a wide love of all their programs and you can tell just how much work the teachers put into their student's success. It's phenomenal and I appreciate what OHCHS has given me, they are highly involved in the community and willing to go the extra mile for their students.
This school wants to see you succeed but you also have to put in some work. I highly recommend taking a technical program and joining SkillsUSA. Take AP classes and push yourself. Don't take the easy classes so you'll get a high GPA. There are cliques, but I didn't get involved with them and it was fine. Some of the teachers aren't good but looking back I liked all of mine. Scholarships are amazing from this school and community. They even give them to alum. The community is probably the best part of the school. Not the one inside but the one outside. The community supports the school and students so much. It means a lot because I know how little some people have in the community. Sports aren't that great, but some are good (basketball is pretty good). Basically, if you wanted to move into the area for education don't. If you have no choice or you already live in the area you'll live.
Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School was my second high school attended in the United States. I only attended my senior year in this school. However, I wish I could attend more. The faculty is very respectful and knowledgeable in their area of teaching. One factor I loved most about this school is the technical department, students get to experience their skills in any technical fields they desire. I chose engineering and art classes, and I have to say the material I learned helped me alot in my college classes.