Oxford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oxford, MS. It has 1,198 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Oxford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-332 Students
- A-136 Students
- B+74 Students
- C+64 Students
- A+60 Students
- A59 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Oxford High School Reviews
I think that Oxford High School gave me an amazing education that will help me continue my education in college. The teachers put in 100% and are always helpful and understanding of the students. The preparatory for college will take me a long way in my upcoming college courses. Our administrators, parents, teachers, and counselors did a fantastic job of directing our student population and helping them prepare for college. Oxford's education system is one-on-one and need-based which is why I had the best learning experience at this district rather than any other.
OHS is always changing; for the most part, it's positive change. In my years in high school, we've gotten school-wide computers for each student, changed the lunch and class schedule more times than I can count, and lived through multiple different administrators. At OHS, teachers really care about their students, and there are many social, academic, athletic, and more clubs and activities available for students. Only issue for me- counselors and administrators aren't the best with focusing on the needs of individual students and their individual futures (advocating for different colleges or helping with career choices in the future).
Oxford High School looks amazing on paper. Academically, their scores are well-rounded and relatively high. This comes at a price though. They push their students to start taking High School credits at a young age. These students take so many classes, a lot of them not electives, that they can graduate a year or two early without having to re-arrange their schedule purposely. Oxford High School has such a high mental illness rate that is ignored by the administration. Oxford wants a high ranking, and that is what their decisions are based on. They are not based on students and their life.