Oxford High School is an above average, public school located in Oxford, MI. It has 1,634 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Oxford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B302 Students
- A260 Students
- A+175 Students
- B+154 Students
- B149 Students
- B+117 Students
- C+112 Students
- B+91 Students
- B68 Students
- B67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Oxford High School
- BOxford Virtual Academy
- Online School
- Oxford Community Schools, MI
- 12 reviews
- BHolly High School
- Holly Area School District, MI
- 213 reviews
- BAlmont High School
- Almont Community Schools, MI
- 137 reviews
- A-Clarkston High School
- Clarkston Community School District, MI
- 476 reviews
Oxford High School Reviews
My experience at Oxford High School has been wonderful. From the staff to my peers, I have always felt "at home", at school. Oxford is a very large school, with nearly 1,200 people, and the scale can be intimidating at times. However, the opportunities provided, such as their International Bachaloriate program and their Early College Program provide opportunies that I never knew existed before I came to the Oxford district. I am extremely content with everything Oxford has provided me with through-out my educational career.
I went to Oxford High School for all four years. Within that time, I was able to become very comfortable. The school has amazing teachers that truly want to see their students succeed. The school offers so many opportunities for students (and parents) to get involved. Between sports, musicals, clubs, and activities, the school does everything it can to include everyone. The atmosphere is pretty diverse as the school is school of choice. Everyone is friendly and open to meeting new people. I wouldnt have wanted to spend my four years at a different school!
My experience at Oxford High School was very good. I took part in a variety of after school activities like theater, Cross Country, Alpine ski racing, Track and field which made my time at Oxford high a lot of fun and I made many memories I’ll never forget during this time. I also took advantage of all the opportunities the school offered to me like taking classes in computer science which I found an interest in. OHS is an amazing school, it offers so much but its all up to the student to take advantage of those things. Even though the school offered a lot they also don’t think about what the students want. For example, The school didn’t see what the students wanted when they changed the school’s mascot look. Overall I’ve had a great high school experience at Oxford high.