Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Oxford High School is a public school located in Oxford, MA. It has 532 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Oxford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+71 Students
- A51 Students
- C+41 Students
- B34 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+29 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Homecoming events33%
- Athletic events22%
- Statewide MASC conferences22%
- Spirit Week11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Oxford High School
- B-Millbury Junior/Senior High School
- Millbury Public Schools, MA
- 35 reviews
- B-David Prouty High School
- Spencer-East Brookfield Regional School District, MA
- 74 reviews
- BQuaboag Regional High School
- Quaboag Regional Public Schools, MA
- 48 reviews
- B-Tantasqua Regional High School - Technical Division
- Tantasqua Public Schools, MA
- 41 reviews
Oxford High School Reviews
Oxford High School cultivates an environment that supports growth. Since students enter the high school in 8th grade, they have an extra year to develop meaningful relationships with their teachers and the administration. I feel what makes Oxford different from other high schools in the area is that the teachers actually care about getting to know you and helping you learn. Especially during the past months with COVID and transitioning to hybrid learning, the school has done a great job at giving the students everything they need to succeed.
The way the administration handles situation is poor, the teachers are a mix bundle but there are some good one who actually are there for the STUDENTS! There's no help for the students and if there is, it hard to find it.
At Oxford High School there are many teachers, counselors, and faculty that want to see you succeed and are willing to do whatever they can to help you do well. OHS offers many sports that allow students to feel like they belong somewhere and teach them a sense of responsibility and independence. OHS always wants students to know that their voice is heard and therefore constantly try to get students to come together and make a difference, big or small. OHS offers so many different electives, everyone is sure to find what works best for them. OHS also offers man AP courses that a student can later use for college credit and also receive a small taste of what a college courseload will be like.