Owosso High School is an above average, public school located in Owosso, MI. It has 948 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Owosso High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A128 Students
- A+80 Students
- B76 Students
- B-61 Students
- B+57 Students
- C+42 Students
- B-34 Students
- B33 Students
- B33 Students
- B+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Owosso High School Reviews
Owosso High school is a well functioning, farely large school with around 1,500 kids total. We have good teachers who take time with students to make sure we are getting the education that we need for success. I would change some rules through the school regarding dress codes because in my opinion, it is a little too strict for a public school. I am also concerned about up coming bond actions regarding the schools physical updates. They are wanting to put the Middle school (6th-8th grade) up with the High school. I do not see this going smoothly knowing the High school will share the same parking lot as the young kids, and campus.
Overall, Owosso High school is an excellent school that focuses highly on academics and sports. The food could be better and so could the building itself because the Californian 1960's design of the school is its biggest downside with the long and maze-like hallways combined with the lack of air circulation in the main wings to let the hot air trapped in the tall hallways escape and lower the temp of the school. Owosso offers many AP and Honors programs and allows for online education to fill in what it doesn't have and the teachers are fantastic and very involved.
A good school with a fairly wide range of classes to choose from. A good music program, plenty of opportunities for the sciences as well. Online classes are allowed, and teachers often go beyond what is expected to help you. Lacking in diversity, but still a good place to learn what you need for college.