Owensboro Catholic High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Owensboro, KY. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. After graduation, 58% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Owensboro Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-95 Students
- A-77 Students
- B+64 Students
- B+50 Students
- C+32 Students
- B25 Students
- B+23 Students
- B22 Students
- B+18 Students
- A+17 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Owensboro Catholic High School
Owensboro Catholic High School Reviews
I liked that the I was challenged to work to my fullest potential, and when I transferred over in my freshman year I was made to fell very welcome. I would change the fact that you are required to take a religion class every year. I know it is a catholic school but many students are not catholic, and go to the school for either academic purposes or sports. We also have a very crowded parking lot and if you are late, or take college classes, you probably have to park across the street, even if you are a senior. Overall though, the school has great teachers in every subject, at least the ones I've had, and the push you to be your best and are glad to help students.
To be able to experience Owensboro Catholic High School, I would not have it any other way. Just like any school there will always be problems or things you may not like, but at time, the good factors out weigh the bad. I love how small our class sizes are (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior). With that being said in a way everyone knows everyone, and we all act as one big family. If I could change anything though, it would be the involvement. I know it may sound elementary, but I wish we did more activities with one another as classes to build stonger friendships.
Owensboro Catholic High is a great school, especially with academics and sports. We definitely need more qualified teachers, better food, and a better bullying policy. Catholic High has a lot of clubs and sports which is great, but unfortunately some are given more attention than others.