Owen J. Roberts High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+163 Students
- A-122 Students
- A104 Students
- B+104 Students
- A-84 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+51 Students
- B49 Students
- A49 Students
- B46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Owen J. Roberts High School
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 116 reviews
- APerkiomen Valley High School
- Perkiomen Valley School District, PA
- 254 reviews
- A+Henderson High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 168 reviews
- A+Bayard Rustin High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 256 reviews
Owen J. Roberts High School Reviews
Review Owen J. Roberts High School
OJR prepared us for college level classes from the first day of freshman year. In my Honors English 9 class, we wrote 20 essays and at one point had three due the same week. When I took English 101 as a college freshman, we were given a week off from classes so we wouldn't get too overwhelmed by a large project. While my fellow classmates struggled, I breezed by, even receiving my first B in a math class. I was not a straight A student in high school, but I worked diligently for As, Bs, and even Cs. The classes were difficult, and the teachers expect us to put in the work on our own. I was actively involved in five clubs and varsity cheerleading, but was never given slack for late work. Our teachers push us to do better, sometimes by giving low grades, because they know we are capable of more quality work. I loved my high school and would highly recommend the school district to anyone thinking of moving here.
The teachers are all involved in clubs because there must be at least one staff member overseeing the club meetings in order to be recognized by the school. I personally was involved in Leo Club, Letterman's Club, Best Buddies, DECA, and Youth Power. Through Leo Club, we participated in service projects throughout the year such as working at a soup kitchen or babysitting kids during the PTO meetings. Letterman's Club planned the pep rallies in the beginning of thw year. Best Buddies (secretary) was definitely one of my favorites and most rewarding because I formed close friendships with people who had intellectual/developmental disabilities. DECA is a business club and OJR is one of the most revered chapters in the state of Pennsylvania. This past year we had about 24 members qualify for the international competition. This club greatly improved my writing, research, and public speaking abilities, as well as improved my self confidence. I highly recommend this club to anyone who is looking into business as a career or wants a challenge. Youth Power is a club in which we traveled to local elementary schools and promoted peaceful, substance-free lifestyles through engaging lessons. Every club I have been a part of has enhanced my high school experience. There are many, many more clubs available, including religious clubs and GSA.
As much as the students complain about the teachers, they are truly incredible. We have some of the most intelligent teachers, ranging from a few years out of college to in their 60's, educations from state schools to a valedictorian from Harvard. The age of the teachers do not matter, because they are all well-informed in not only their particular subject, but subjects that feed off of one another. If you are struggling in a class, all you have to do is ask when they are available, and they will be more than happy to schedule a time before school, during their free period or lunch, or after school. I have had some teachers twice over the years because they taught different classes and have formed great student-teacher relationships with them. I'm a rising college freshman and have noticed on ratemyprofessor.com that students complained about not getting study guides from their professors. At OJR, i rarely received study guides, mostly a list of what we had learned over the course of a year and went off of that list. The teachers at OJR care deeply about their students succeeding, and their tough grading system makes me much more confident going into college. This school and their staff prepares you to the extreme for college and I wouldn't choose another school if I had the chance.