Owego Free Academy is an above average, public school located in Owego, NY. It has 638 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Owego Free Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A46 Students
- C+35 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B17 Students
- A17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Owego Free Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Owego Free Academy
- BWaverly High School
- Waverly Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- B-Newark Valley Senior High School
- Newark Valley Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- A-Maine-Endwell Senior High School
- Maine-Endwell Central School District, NY
- 109 reviews
- B-Spencer-Van Etten High School
- Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, NY
- 82 reviews
Owego Free Academy Reviews
OFA is a fantastic school for academics and sports. However, I'd like to see more diversity in the arts. I'd also like to see more communication as far as parent/ student opinions for the school. A majority of the teachers at my school are fantastic! Quite a few of them are down to earth and try their best to connect with their students, and I admire that very much.
Loved it! Teachers were exceptional, athletics program was very strong. Owego is preparing me for college very well.
Going to school here has been a grand experience. The people there are very relaxed and getting along with people easy. The staff are able to assist you in just about everything. Teachers and fellow students are present and able to help in any way they can. Academics are well and one can excel in the process of earning an advanced high school diploma. Although challenging, the courses are perfect ways to earn college credit at little or no cost and allow one to receive high school credit at the same time. The school can provide plenty of ways to help a struggling student or someone who just wants some extra study times. Before, during, and after school, teachers are usually willing to help a student out if need be or to even just go over assignments. Overall, a pretty good experience and a fun time.