grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Owasso High School is a highly rated, public school located in Owasso, OK. It has 2,971 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Owasso High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A585 Students
- grade A537 Students
- grade C+297 Students
- grade C+242 Students
- grade A219 Students
- grade A minus191 Students
- grade B189 Students
- grade C171 Students
- grade B+136 Students
- grade B minus110 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 156 responses
- Football games21%
- Talent Show13%
- Plays and Musicals8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,004 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 59 responses
Schools like Owasso High School
- grade BBerryhill High School
- Berryhill Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade A minusThomas Edison Preparatory High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 265 reviews
- grade B+Claremore High School
- Claremore Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 269 reviews
- grade BOologah-Talala High School
- Oologah-Talala Public Schools, OK
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 122 reviews
Owasso High School Reviews
Rating 3.9 out of 5 401 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Owasso High School has been wonderful! Just like any other school, it has its flaws, but I wouldn't choose a different high school in Oklahoma to have gone to. The academics, arts, and sports are the top in the region/stage, and Owasso High Schools band is one of the best in the nation. While the administration could do better, the teachers are typically caring, helpful, and very knowledgeable. We have countless electives, clubs, and extracurriculars to choose from so everyone can find something they love to do at Owasso. Owasso High School, along with the rest of Owasso Public schools, has done a great job making us feel safe. We go perform safety drills very often, and teachers always come up with a great plan in case of emergencies. If you are looking for a great school to send you children to, in northeast Oklahoma, definitely give Owasso a chance. Coming from a current Owasso senior, Owasso High School has guided me to become the best person that I would be.
The community feel of Owasso is impressive as-is; it is often referred to as a "city with a small town feel." What is even more impressive is how much this concept carries over into the high school! Though you may not meet everyone even just in your graduating class, you will almost always feel as part of the group here. There are plenty of groups, clubs, sports, and other extracurriculars to fit all of your interests and leanings, and as long as you know what you want and are straight-forward and respectful to the teachers and counselors, they are almost always more than willing to help you any way they can.
I enjoyed my time at Owasso High School! I have attended multiple school districts through my schooling and Owasso was by far the best. While I was there, the school was kept fairly clean and safe. Their facilities were a little lacking, but I have heard they have built new science wings and made huge improvements to the school since I left. They know how to distribute the money fairly between the sports and arts and spend their grants well on the students and their supplies.