Oviedo High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-412 Students
- A+217 Students
- A199 Students
- C118 Students
- A-115 Students
- B80 Students
- A+71 Students
- C+67 Students
- A66 Students
- B+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Oviedo High School Reviews
Review Oviedo High School
I came to Oviedo High School from New Jersey and the school was more than I expected it to be. What I liked most about Oviedo High School was that it was easy to be involved in clubs because there was such a variety of them. Most teachers truly care about students and are able to help students after school or before school. The only thing I would like to see change about Oviedo is the school spirit, because it has died down since the class of 2016 graduated. As a senior this year we did not do senior pranks or have privileges that the 2016 class did because of fighting. I hope Oviedo can change for the better!
Throughout these past 4 years, I have had an overall good experience. Most of my teachers taught very well and were very nice. Academics on the other hand became very stressful. There was too much homework which caused a lot of extra stress on myself. Stress has had a negative effect on me, and because of the amount of homework I received each night, it made it harder for me to want to keep pushing myself to succeed and want to move on to college. I think that Oviedo High School should be more aware of student's time and stress, and should rarely assign homework because the amount of hours we put in everyday during school alone is enough. If extra help is needed, there should be optional homework. Glad I could review. Go Lions!
The academics at this school is extremely exceptional. The teachers and staffs are highly qualified and is very welcoming. Although the education portion of this school is excellent, the social aspect of this school made it difficult for me to transition in this school. I transferred in my 2nd quarter of junior year from a military school in an American base in Japan. The students at this school have been friends since elementary and avoided adding new people to their groups. It was very hard for me to find a group of people who were accepting of outsiders but after a year, I finally did. I hope some day, the school develops a program where new students are welcomed by students who can assist them in the social aspects until they find new friends.