Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Ovid-Elsie High School is a public school located in Elsie, MI. It has 480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A105 Students
- B80 Students
- B-73 Students
- B+72 Students
- B57 Students
- A+48 Students
- B38 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Ovid-Elsie High School Reviews
I have found Ovid-Elsie Area Schools to be a good school with staff that cares about students, their mental health, and their education. The environment is a friendly one and the education opportunities that are offered there are astounding. This includes multiple arts classes, AP classes, and multiple dual enrollment opportunities. One thing I have noticed about the school is that sports are a bigger deal than academics. If there was to be more of a focus on student's academic lives than on the results of last Friday's football game, the school would be exemplary.
I have attended Ovid-Elsie area schools since I was in Kindergarten. Throughout the years, I have made multiple friends with my peers and teachers. My teachers have all been determined to push us towards success, which I greatly appreciate. I admire individuals such as my teachers, who take great pride in the work they do.
I am a four sport athlete and am currently ending my junior year here at Ovid-Elsie. I appreciate the support I receive from staff of the school not only in the classroom but also in sports. This school is small and we are all pretty close together, meaning many of us grew up together all throughout school. This being, we have been with each other since elementary making us compete in a friendly way in our studies.