COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are busy preparing for the start of the 2020-2021 academic year! Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you can make. We have worked to create unique experiences for families who are considering OLSH, without needing to leave the comfort of your own home. In-person tours are also available at this time. Learn More
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School (OLSH) is the largest, most comprehensive, private, independent, co-ed Catholic high school in the greater Pittsburgh area. Faith is central to the OLSH experience, which includes multiple opportunities to celebrate, develop, and experience faith on a daily basis. OLSH’s family atmosphere, impeccably maintained facilities and up-to-date technology provide the ideal learning environment. Each student at OLSH is guided to achieve their highest potential and encouraged to take advantage of a range of academic opportunities, supports and programs. The OLSH AP Advantage Program, featuring unique partnerships with the University of Notre Dame and Johns Hopkins University, provides opportunities for advanced learning and accomplishment. Outside of the classroom, OLSH students, from 30 different school districts in Western PA, Ohio, and West Virginia, discover their passions through a wide array of award-winning athletic, arts, and academic programs.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A86 Students
- A-64 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-46 Students
- B34 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+20 Students
OLSH AP Advantage Program
The OLSH AP Advantage Program affords OLSH students a distinct opportunity to take AP courses through a relationships with one of America's finest universities - the University of Notre Dame. This program's success is marked by increases in enrollment in AP courses, as well as the number of qualifying scores earned by OLSH students on AP exams.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School Reviews
The English department in particular feels pretty well fleshed out, but a lot of the departments feel lacking. It’s a small school, and they do their best, but science, music, arts, etc, all feel pushed to the back burner.
There are opportunities to be found here, and certain classes do prepare you well for the future, but overall, I can’t recommend this school to anyone.
- Certain classes
- Activities are well done
- Religious department
- Staff (besides a handful)
- Few trips, hands on activities, etc
- Weird obsession of having uniforms be perfect