Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Ottawa Senior High School is a public school located in Ottawa, KS. It has 709 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Ottawa Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-107 Students
- A103 Students
- B66 Students
- B+50 Students
- C+49 Students
- B48 Students
- B38 Students
- B37 Students
- B-30 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Ottawa Senior High School
- B+Baldwin High School
- Baldwin City Unified School District, KS
- 120 reviews
- BCentral Heights High School
- Central Heights Unified School District, KS
- 33 reviews
- BWellsville High School
- Wellsville Unified School District, KS
- 45 reviews
- BWest Franklin High School
- West Franklin Unified School District, KS
- 25 reviews
Ottawa Senior High School Reviews
Ottawa Senior High School offers a variety of classes to prepare their students for college and the workforce. One of the best features is that Ottawa High has paired with Neosho County Community College, allowing students to take college classes on the high school campus and receive full college credit for theses class. This allows students to get a head start on their education at a fraction of the price. I would recommended Ottawa Senior High School as an institution to prepare students for their future in succeeding in their field of study.
Being a Cyclone has been amazing. I have been in Ottawa, Kansas, all of my life and being a senior at Ottawa I have realized just how great it is here. All of the teachers help you out, whether it's something you don't understand in or outside of class or you just need an extension on your dead line. We are offered so many amazing opportunities here: they give us the ACT for free our junior year, we have the chance to take college courses through the high school, get into our future careers early and get the experience we need in those fields anywhere from child care to graphic design like what I am looking at. Here, we are more than a school; yes we all have our own little areas, but we are an entire nation at this school. We all stick up for each other and it has been one of the best experiences of my life.
Great place to have an education, staff are willing to help and work with students. I enjoyed all 4 years. I was able to enhance my academics with dual credits towards college credits. A variety of sPorts were available to all and l was able to participate and have a balance with my academics. The clubs offered increased my knowledge and provide a great outlet to meet and mingle with the entire student body.