Otsego High School is an above average, public school located in Otsego, MI. It has 696 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Otsego High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+158 Students
- B+107 Students
- B-88 Students
- A77 Students
- A+51 Students
- B46 Students
- B46 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Otsego High School
- B+Plainwell High School
- Plainwell Community Schools, MI
- 195 reviews
- B-Gobles High School
- Gobles Public School District, MI
- 57 reviews
- A-Gull Lake High School
- Gull Lake Community Schools, MI
- 151 reviews
- B-Allegan High School
- Allegan Public Schools, MI
- 126 reviews
Otsego High School Reviews
Otsego High School is a rapidly changing environment for students to learn. Technology is always updating, and Otsego is keeping up with the pace. Every student has their own personal chromebook, and all the students have access to the Media Center. Which houses anything you could need for a project, including a 3D printer!
The building itself is an amazing. The campus is pretty and the facilities are solid. However, their is too much emphasis on sports and not enough on the arts. I was in OHS for 2 years and I was apart of the dive and track teams. Unfortunately, like most high schools around here, all anyone cares about is Football, Basketball, and Baseball and not any of the other sports. The food is just normal cafeteria food, with little to no salad options. On a good note, there are plenty of clubs to join and the LBGTQ+ is very active. Its in walking distance from the library too. The school dances are terrible and the diversity is very low. The best thing going for the school is the art program and the marching band. Other than that, this school is ok. My 2 years there were average at best.
Otsego is a great place to go to school because of the community. We are all there for each other and when someone needs help we jump to the task. I learned a lot at Otsego High School and I think going there has really gotten me ready for my college experience. Thank you Otsego!