Oswego East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+131 Students
- B127 Students
- B-125 Students
- A-114 Students
- B+108 Students
- A-92 Students
- A85 Students
- C+83 Students
- A-79 Students
- B66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 140 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like Oswego East High School
- A-Oswego High School
- Oswego Community Unit School District No. 308, IL
- 386 reviews
- ASouth High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 340 reviews
- AGlenbard North High School
- Glenbard Township High School District No. 87, IL
- 351 reviews
- A-Plainfield East High School
- Plainfield School District No. 202, IL
- 501 reviews
Oswego East High School Reviews
Review Oswego East High School
I've been at Oswego East for about a year and it's a very well put together school. If you are a student who tries hard in school, you will be very successful. It is not an 'easy' school, especially if you are in honors. YOUR GRADES REFLECT YOUR EFFORT! The teachers all are very well educated and 'know what they're doing' (I speak for all subjects: English, science, math, Spanish, etc). I eat lunch there everyday and it is good, especially the salad. I'm not in any sports, but they do well and are well-known. Also, they do their best to prepare you with college during the extra time that they have and have many resources available, you just need to ask for them.
Hello! I am a student at Oswego East High School; home of the wolves. I have always taken much pride in my school. East is a place known for opportunities and its outstanding school spirit. This school has so many different way to get involved such as; clubs, spots and activities. While i am excited to graduate, at heart I will always be a wolf.
Over the four years that I have been a student, the dynamic of the school changed from year to year, even semester to semester. I have had four principals in my time causing things to be very different year to year. We went from having a principal that everyone loved, to having two principals that no one knew who they were, to having a principal that claims to be all about tradition, yet takes away our own traditions. I loved having the educational opportunities that I have had from going to the school. However, the curriculum changes every single year for every single subject. I had been told I couldn't take certain classes due to curriculum changes which prevented me from taking classes that I wanted to take when I wanted to take them. I think that overall though the school was amazing but really needs to establish a firm foundation when it comes to curriculums so that they don't change every year. Even graduation requirements are always changing.