Ossining High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ossining, NY. It has 1,359 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Ossining High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+121 Students
- A115 Students
- A-107 Students
- A+89 Students
- A80 Students
- B+76 Students
- B68 Students
- A+62 Students
- B57 Students
- A-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Ossining High School
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 142 reviews
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 483 reviews
- ATuckahoe High School
- Tuckahoe Union Free School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 190 reviews
Ossining High School Reviews
Ossining gets a bad rap, but I've lived here my entire life and it has honestly been a blessing. The schooling, specifically the science programs have given me opportunities I could not get elsewhere. Being a part of the internationally recognized Ossining Science Research Program has opened so many doors and experiences that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Being able to do high-quality research at prestigious colleges/research institutions is a surreal experience. All teachers in Ossining love what they do and really care for their students. It's an amazing community and I have never wished to go to any other school.
I had a great experience at Ossining High School! The staff for the most part is very helpful and the teachers are very good at what they do. They also offer a lot of college courses which can be really beneficial. I played several sports during my time there and had nothing but positive experiences with all my coaches and fellow athletes. Unfortunately I've heard administration has gone down hill since I've left since they've gotten a new principal. Hopefully they can pull it together and get OHS back to it's original state.
I received a very well rounded education at Ossining High School, that not only prepared me for college, but for life. I am now attending a Top 50 University. When discussing my high school experience with my peers, I've realized that none of them have taken classes on personal finance, accounting, race and ethnic relations or gender studies. These classes aren't even offered at many schools. The broad range of classes at OHS is unique and not found in even our neighboring school districts. The teachers are so passionate and truly care about their students and want to help them reach their full potential and graduate as better individuals on the path to success. I'm forever thankful that I attended Ossining High School.