Ossining High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ossining, NY. It has 1,359 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Ossining High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+105 Students
- A-104 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+80 Students
- A70 Students
- B+70 Students
- B58 Students
- B53 Students
- B53 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Ossining High School
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 142 reviews
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 477 reviews
- ATuckahoe High School
- Tuckahoe Union Free School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 188 reviews
Ossining High School Reviews
I had a great experience at Ossining High School! The staff for the most part is very helpful and the teachers are very good at what they do. They also offer a lot of college courses which can be really beneficial. I played several sports during my time there and had nothing but positive experiences with all my coaches and fellow athletes. Unfortunately I've heard administration has gone down hill since I've left since they've gotten a new principal. Hopefully they can pull it together and get OHS back to it's original state.
One of the greatest boons of Ossining High School was its ability to expose students to programs that weren't available at other schools. The gender and race classes were invaluable to me, personally, and they provided me with language to connect with multitudes of people on very delicate topics. The science research program also catapulted many students into positions where they had awards and national recognition which aided them when applying to top-tier schools. However, after moving on from Ossining High School, I feel compelled to criticize the school's insistence on having a very diverse and accepting population. Although there is a large percentage of POC attending the school, they are usually socially (not institutionally) segregated by the student body.
Ossining High School is a great school to start your high school career. Ossining High School has a lot of diversity. Many backgrounds from all around the world can be found and my old high school. I am from an Ecuadorian background and that's the majority of students in my old school. Ecuadorian or with background make part of my old high school. But is not just as Ecuadorians that make the school as well the Americans, African Americans and a huge group of Hispanics.