Osage City High School is an above average, public school located in Osage City, KS. It has 197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Osage City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- A-23 Students
- B23 Students
- A-18 Students
- B17 Students
- C+13 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B7 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Osage City High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Osage City High School
- B-Santa Fe Trail High School
- Santa Fe Trail Unified School District, KS
- 45 reviews
- BLyndon High School
- Lyndon Unified School District, KS
- 42 reviews
- C+Burlingame Junior/Senior High School
- Burlingame Public Schools, KS
- 43 reviews
- B-Lebo High School
- Lebo-Waverly Unified School District, KS
- 23 reviews
Osage City High School Reviews
Throughout my years at Osage City High School, I have been involved in numerous activities and school clubs. I liked how students were encouraged to be involved in multiple sports, activities, and clubs even if they overlapped. Although I have enjoyed my high school thus far, there are a few things I would like to see change. The main thing I would like to see change is how last names have had a big impact on the school and student body. In a small town such as Osage and the surrounding small towns, students whose parents were popular, athletic, or even wealthy end up becoming popular or starters for certain sports even if they aren't the best skill-wise. This issue usually occurs in sports, student body elections of any kind, and other common high school activities.
Osage is pretty okay. Not great, but not awful, either. Kinda the perfect representation of a small town Kansas high school. An actual funding budget for the arts would be cool. They could take a breather on sports, at this point. I want a one at the Emporia Marching Festival, where is my pep rally? BBQ Ribbet on a bun is the god tier lunch, you can't convince me otherwise.
I loved going to high school here! I knew everyone in my class and most of the high school. It was like a small little community and everyone knew everyone and we all pretty much got along for the most part. The sports teams I were on always had a super close bond and we always made sure we had fun but when it was time to be serious we were. The teachers here for the most part are amazing!! There are a few that really touched me and made me a better person!!