Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Orting High School is a public school located in Orting, WA. It has 814 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Orting High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+97 Students
- A78 Students
- B-76 Students
- B-65 Students
- B-56 Students
- B+55 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Orting High School
- C+Eatonville High School
- Eatonville School District, WA
- 105 reviews
- BWhite River High School
- White River School District, WA
- 184 reviews
- BBonney Lake High School
- Sumner School District, WA
- 343 reviews
- B+Puyallup High School
- Puyallup School District, WA
- 369 reviews
Orting High School Reviews
I love Orting High School! The goal of the school is to prepare students for college, careers, and life, which is achieved yearly with their wonderful education system and staff. The school offers many classes, including AP courses, clubs, and other extracurricular activities, that get almost all of the students involved. Due to the small size of the school, the students and staff are like one big family, because students are able to build strong relationships with their peers, as well as teachers. This creates a very safe and inclusive learning environment. And while Orting may be small, there is no lack of heart. The students and staff take great pride in being a part of the school and it creates a truly amazing atmosphere, one that I have really enjoyed being a part of.
I attended Orting High School from 2016 to 2018. When I transferred to Orting, I had the understanding that these small, rural schools were lacking diversity and predominantly white. I was nothing but wrong in this case. From people who play three sports to people who could play many instruments to people whose academics were nothing but challenging courses. The school was mostly white students but the mass amounts of different characteristics and talents in this small school had surpassed the level of diversity i had ever expected there to be. I had never felt more safe and comfortable in a school setting until i moved to Orting. I met some of the most amazing people in my life at this school. This school is a special place and holds the memories I will cherish for the entirety of my life. Any student who needs a fresh start or needs a high school to attend that will celebrate whatever that student brings to the table will have the best time at Orting High School.
Orting High School is a well structured school. The education is not as great as other schools that I personally have been to. The community here is close and this creates a family like feeling between the teachers and students. The counselors care a lot about the students, their wellbeing and grades in the school. The school puts in a lot of effort into making sure the students feel confident when leaving for college and confident in what they want to do. Although the classes are limited, they try their best.